Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

marijuana legal

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by nastyimpulse89, Apr 2, 2009.

1. when do you guys think it will be legal

2. medically legal now :)

3. never. too many old rich snobs in power that make way to much money off people going to jail for it.

4. This should go in one of the 'marijuana news and discussions' forums, but its whatever.

Within 20 years is where my bets placed.

5. I dont want it to be like amsterdam all over the world , i would hate seeing the 'cool' kids smoking in front of school just to be accepted by others or simply to look cool, you have to do becouse you like it. My dream is that one day will be legal/decriminalized for you to grow your own and smoke in your house and some special parks made for that , but not for sale in shops

6. I think it will be decriminalized( I hope), but we just have to take baby steps for now.

7. WHAT? Ganja is illegal?! Damn, maybe i should put down the pipe and turn on the news once in awhile.
    Yeah, its never going to be legal, to good of a god damn scape goat. It takes the wrap for everything :(

8. Okay, here's a small rant about this:

I am friends with every single person in my grade. No one has a problem with me. In middle school I was the kid who hung out with one big group, and hated everyone else (especially the "jocks" as we said at the time). So we all smoked weed and everyone else was like OMG WEED THATS SO BAD! And we were like "lol whatever faggots" because we thought we were cool (Ironic, now a senior in high school, most of those "faggots" are now some really tight friends that I smoke with). See, back then we were doing something no one else understood. Even still now, most people don't understand. I like having that feeling that I'm one of the people that are open minded enough to know the truth about marijuana, and like it says in my blog, you gain a ton of unique experience you don't get doing other things like college.

So, if marijuana WERE legalized, I would be a little upset, simply because I'll miss the feeling of being one of those unique people. Once it's legalized we'll all just be smoking pot. It'll be just another cigarette to us. We'll see the 8th graders sitting outside the movie theaters lighting up a joint, thinking they look cool.

Know what I'm sayin'?

I probably shouldn't rant on GC anymore while I'm high.

9. they lose money doing that

10. Legal, never

Decriminalized, soon. Sooner if Obama reelected

11. Let's hope not. Decriminalization is the ultimate cop out. It will leave the black market intact and end users will continue to get ripped off unless it's made perfectly legal.

12. I'd agree with that.

I would also agree with an above post concerning when/if it becomes legalized they would have to probably do the same thing they have done with cigarettes at least (yes, I know pot is no where close to cigarettes), and make it so you can't smoke in certain places, and have separate designated areas for it.

13. It could be like wine, with different strains and little farms growing it everywhere. And, like you said, people could grow their own.

14. I would much rather see marijuana regulated much like alcohol. For one I would think they make an age limit on its use.

15. I think we're jumping to conclusions here.

Marijuana is NOT legal in places such as Amsterdam, only decriminalized.
    I didn't buy marijuana in the black market there because it's simply available in coffee shops.
    Just a thought.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cannabis_coffee_shop#Coffee_shop_law

16. #17 Gloom, Apr 2, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 2, 2009

People still believe that? :p

I think the federal government is slowly and steadily loosing all its trust we have in it, sooner or later the states will be open to legalization and the federal government won't have any choice, but to play along. Unfortunately we are probably going to be seeing a lot of hard times first.

That said, I am sure the president at the time will attempt to take credit. (Unless we get a real president by then instead of some puppet I doubt it will be deserved)

17. Age limit isnt going to stop anybody from using Marijuana when it is legal.

I don't know,it seem's we gain movement and then fall back.I don't know if Obama is going to do much at all about Marijuana.He pissed me off with his "I dont know what that tells you about the internet crowd".My dude you need to check yourself.It is the internet age,I am sure everyone here is just a bunch of weed smoking moron's.

Are not 80% or so off the drug users in jail for just Marijuana?Then isnt it like also 80% or so prison population for all drug's?Exactly how would this not help the economy out if we legalized it?We would save alot of money on this "war on drugs" just from the Marijuana.

18. i think a while...i would hope and like to think soon....but in my mind i know it will be longer...
    if only the people in charge were not so ignorant, maybe it could be...
    or maybe its just too damn good to be legal...just like that...i mean marijuana is like a gift from the gods.....it almost seems right for it to come with possible consequences and for it to be a lil harder to get then cigs at the store.

19. um do you have any idea of the number of private prisons we have in the USA? thousands. so many companies would lose money like all the drug companies and the cops would lose their money to fight the war, which they usually dont spend like its supost to be spent.

so many people would lose money if it became legal, and sadly those people are all the ones in power =/