Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

marijuana Leaf capsules - HOW TO

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by medimarijuanfaq, May 15, 2009.

1. I received these recipes today and I wanted to share them with my fellow GrassCity members

Dry method: Leaf/Shake/Trim Capsules

The leaves of the marijuana plant are often cast off as worthless. Much to the contrary, they contain some dormant THC and are often dusted with THC crystals from the flowers. The leaves also contain the cannabidials that help with the relief of pain, nausea, spasms, and many of the symptoms that cannabis is used to treat.

These compounds are made more "digestable", i.e. easier for your body to utilize by heating them to a temperature of 220 degrees for a few minutes. Cannabinals are decarboxylated at about 220 degrees.
    \tThe goal of this process is to decarboxylate the cannabidials, without vaporizing the THC. Decaroxilate means to strip the carbon dioxide CO2 molecule.

1. Preheat your oven to 225 degrees. Don't trust the oven dial, use a thermometer. Put a large casserole dish w/cover in the oven. Let the temp stabilize for a few extra minutes.

2. Trim the leaves from the stems. Don't crumble the leaves any more than necessary. This allows for better, more even heat circulation.

3. Fill the casserole dish and bake covered for 5-10 minutes

4. Remove from dish

5. Repeat for the entire batch. By this time your material should be bone dry.

6. Grind into a very fine powder with a food processor.

7. Pack into "00" capsules using the Cap-M-Quik capsule filler (Empty Capsule Filler, Empty Capsule Filling Machine from Cap-M-Quik®)

The great thing about capsules is that it is possible to work out the correct dosage for yourself. Start low and go slow. Try one or a couple. Increase until you feel relief. There is NOT a lot of THC in this recipe, so you may not get the "high" you get from smoking buds.

*GOOD LUCK!!!

*Kelly*:hello:

2. cool.. i can get gel caps from a dispensery but they have THC olive oil in them ...