Marijuana Law Reform Now Political Opportunity-Not Liability

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by ghandi., Jan 15, 2009.

1. #2 atomicDETH, Jan 15, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 15, 2009
    yeah I know this is all the politicians need to see before they start putting up there "LEGALIZE GANJA" signs:smoking:

ummmmm i want it to fuckign happen already im sick of marijuana prices/quality. This could easily make alot of peoples life more enjoyable

2. Hell yeah man! And people say stoners are lazy, I don't think a bunch of lazy stoners would fight this hard for something.

3. Yea I've been looking forward to Friday's press conference. Obama can't duck the question this time...or can he? I hope not.

4. hmmm this is a very intresting subject for 70 years pot has been illigiel just recently has marajuina laws started to be more leinent,more an more state goverments have been allowwin medical pot,but do we really want pot to be illiegal there just gonna tax the shit out of it it will probly be more expensive than it is now!

5. :rolleyes: There is no way that it would be more expensive than it is now. It is expensive because it is illegal. It probably wouldn't be taxed more than beer or cigarettes.

6. how much do you all think a gram would cost? a 8th? 1/4?

i really would love for all the weed to be legal and govt regulated so its dank, but i dont think many people could afford "dank prices."

im still for legalization dont get me wrong.

7. I think it would be around 5-10 dollars a gram (including taxes) if it was legalized, and it would all be really dank because it would all be grown properly. There would no longer be mids, schwag, etc...

8. its not even stoners that are fighting for this though. i have plenty of friends who've never smoked before who feel wholeheartedly that it should be legal

9. i think thats the key now... if we can educate more and more of these ignorant people to what marijuana REALLY is and the damaging effects it has by keeping it illegal, then we will be on a sure way to legalization... there are still too many stereotypes that follow marijuana and we have to break them with public information to get others on the bandwagon... we dont need everyone to smoke weed, lets face it, its just not for everyone, but, people should be PROPERLY educated on it... tv ads, prints ads, billboards, all this stuff and i guarantee we will see legalization in a year or 2

10. I can't see them being able to charge too much at all, everyone would just grow their own.

Which I believe has a big role in the fact it hasn't been legalized yet.

11. Marijuana was legal like 40 years ago brotha, well, for a little while :smoking:

12. not quite, they could just as easily make it similar to tobacco to where any cant just grow it... which i hope isnt the case

13. I smoke frequently in small amounts. A 1/4 might last me a couple months. That's $50 a month. How many people out there are consuming $50 of beer in a month? A LOT. ;)

14. I found what you just said combined with your avatar to be hilarious. Maybe I'm just really high but I swear that dog wants some beer.

15. At least someones optimistic....

What in you're right mind makes you think that the goverment would sell you straight buds?

If they did you could just go out, buy a dime bag, pick out the seeds, and grow you're own. Tax free. In all probability they would sell you straight up shake.

And the getting rid of middies, shwag, ect....

Explain to me how the goverment would manage to grow enough marijuana to supply the nation, but somehow manage to get every male and hermmy out of thier grow room?

In my opinion if they did legalize and began to sell marijuana you would have two choices; Shake and hash.

16. i wonder if marijuana would end up being generally sold prerolled like tobacco.

on the other hand, maybe dispensaries will open throughout the US if it's legalized.

17. This is awesome, but I have a couple of questions, what would be the next step after this for legalization? I read that theres a press conference on Friday, what time would that be happening? Also I was thinking hopefully if legalization does happen the government doesn't start growing weed and putting all kinds of dangerous chemicals in it, like with tobacco which is grown with radioactive pesticides or something like that, although the solution to that is just growing your own weed, but I was just curious. If they decide to put addictive chemicals in it, so they will make more of a profit, they will do it, that's all they care about is their money, if tobacco wasn't such a profitable industry it would definately be illegal.

18. sameeee i know tons of people who dont smoke and are all for the legalization of marijuana.

also i am prob one of the laziest stoners anyone will ever meet but i would act do almost nething i could jus to have weed legalized.