Marijuana law on Springfield MA. agenda

Discussion in 'General' started by Madmike420, Jan 30, 2009.

1. Marijuana law on Springfield agenda

Bastards keep trying and trying. Now in my own fucking home town. It is like if they do not like a law they will fucking find some way to change it. Why even vote?

2. im a little lost...

it sounded to me like they were going to discuss whether or not it would be decrim because the people voted for it

and the problems were how it would effect the areas around it and what the exact laws would be

then all the sudden at the end it says

"Under the new state law, people under age 18 caught with an ounce or less of marijuana also are required to attend drug-awareness classes.

People found with more than an ounce can be arrested and charged with possession of marijuana.

If the amount is much more than an ounce, the charge could be possession with intent to distribute. A conviction for either offense carries a sentence of up to two years in jail."

so how is that "under the new law" ?

3. They are trying to make it an arrestable offense on a city level. There by bypassing the state law.

4. who is they(?) bypassing the state law...

feds?

and so right now its currently decriminalized? and not an arrestable offense?

5. Some law enforcement officials believe the new law is unclear and open to problems. Chicopee Police Chief John R. Ferraro Jr. wants officials there to establish an ordinance to allow for a $300 fine - on top of the new law's $100 possession fine - for anyone caught smoking marijuana in public.

The last thing Springfield needs is to become the marijuana-smoking capital of Western Massachusetts, a city councilor said.

Not the feds. The fucking city officials.

6. Yeah, marijuana has been decriminalized in Massachusetts

If you're 18 or older, possession of an ounce or less only gets you a $100 fine

7. Is that actually in-effect at this point?

8. aight that clear it up thanks

and city officials .... thats wack ... i can see why your pissed .

but hopefully legalization 09

have faith my friends :wave:

9. Yes the law went into effect on jan 2nd, and now my city and others are fighting it tooth and nail.

10. that is bullshit if they go through with it. do you know how springfield voted on question 2 this past election?

11. i think it was. not shur though, i kniew it didnt go into effect after a while, but i think it might be now.

fuckin government tryin to hold people down. even though the people want it. thats fuckin shit. why should somebody even vote?

12. That is what I'm saying, why even vote? I'm not sure how Springfield voted on question 2.

13. Its not just Springfield too. There like fuck what the people want, we do not like this law so we will change it by any means possible.

14. dude that sucks man. at least it's decriminalized here though. it's a step forward.

15. For now! Just look at the quote, is that even legal?

16. i dunno, they might have found a loophole which would suck. hopefully not though.

17. Springfield voted 30,380 YES, 15,456 NO, which is 66% in favor of decrim.

Just goes to show you how FUCKED UP the political and legal system is.... two thirds of the citizens can vote to decriminalize marijuana, but the fucking goventment is unwilling to accept that they lost. Sore loosers. This whole thing REALLY pisses me off that they can't just accept that THEY are the minority.

18. Ya or they just created a loop hole. Fucking bastards.

19. Not to hijack, but if possession dropped like that, did buying/selling change? Can you just straight up ask for a hook and not really worry about cops? Do work places generally not care about pot use so long as you keep it at home?

20. No selling and growing still has the same penalty's. Jobs still drug test and schools can still kick you out for it. The only thing that changed is that instead of being arrested, an oz or less you would get the weed taking and a $100 fine instead. If you have an OZ or less but it is bagged up you will get arrested for intent.