Marijuana KISS

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by iJosh, Mar 27, 2009.

1. As most of you in this forum are probably aware, marijuana's current legal status is not being taken very seriously by the American people. It would also seem that Obama isn't interested in legalization, and that may be true, but the reason for that is more because he doesn't want the Republican party and those against legalization to turn on him (or at least like him a whole lot less).

So what can we do? We need to educate the Repubs and anti-legalizors. Most of them seem to be positive that the only reason we want marijuana legalized is so we can sit around and smoke all day without fear of paranoia. We know that's not true, but they don't. So we need to get the correct message across.

This is easier said than done. I've been to multiple news sites that discuss marijuana, and for the most part, those FOR legalization have medium to long, thought-out posts citing facts and sporting some good, old-fashioned common sense, while those against have mostly given responses like:

(That was here:http://www.ireport.com/docs/DOC-235899 if you want to go sign up and say hi :D)

You might notice a pattern of short, sometimes illiterate responses that are either devoid of fact, common sense, or both, and mostly fueled by personal opinion. So what's the best way to react and simultaneously educate these same people on how the legalization of marijuana will be better for them than the prohibition is now?

That's where KISS comes in.
    ___
    PROBLEMS WITH PROHIBITION:

1. In 2007, over 800,000 people were put in prison for being in possession of a plant.
    2. Marijuana is widely available, to adults and children alike.
    3. Hemp, an incredibly useful variety of marijuana, is unable to be utilized for textiles, paper, clothing, or anything else.
    4. It costs taxpayers approximately 10 billion dollars ($10,000,000,000) per year.
    5. Patients that would benefit from the plant's medical benefits are left to dry.
    We want these problems fixed. The best solution we can come up with is legalization. If you've got a better idea, please, we'd love to hear it.
    ___

Let's just keep this really simple, and put it all over the internet.

These are just the most basic of these problems. If you've got any more that you think need to be on there, lemme know and I'll add it.

I honestly think that if people see this and put serious consideration into it, they'll come to the same conclusion we all have.

(by the way, if anyone's good with graphic design or making images, a poster of this would be badass :D)

2. Is it just me, or do "simple stoners" sound a lot more intelligent than people who say "im gonna go take you to the back and shoot you and feed you to dogs". Or whatever that idiot said.

3. That guy spelled butthead wrong what a butthead

all their responses give no reason as to why weed is bad

4. Seriously... I mean, SERIOUSLY?

How can some people so ignorant? Flying off a roof because you thought you could fly while on Pot? I don't know about you guys, but I've NEVER been that fucked up that I had thought I could actually fly. Marijuana, I don't care if it's really potent, while not make you think you can fly. Period. That's more like LSD.

"Marijuana causes serious long term effects such as impotence and brain damage." That's completely untrue. Do you know how that myth came about? They did a study on monkeys. What they did was put gas masks on poor defenseless little monkeys and let them breathe NOTHING but Marijuana smoke. They cut off their air supply which suffocated them causing brain damage.

Look at this video: [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BASiUvW6Yeo"]YouTube - WHAT WILL HAPPEN IF WE LET THE "EVIL WEED" BE LEGALIZED?[/ame]

Don't get me started on the "Beavous and Buthead" comment. WTF? Learn some proper grammar. Let me ask them something, when was Beavis and Butthead ever HIGH? NEVER, They never showed them smoking pot. Occasionally they were TRYING to get drunk, but no go. They were just plain stupid.

Need I say more. -_-

5. Just an update, I signed up and commented. I hope someone with have a brain actually reads the post and takes time to think about it:

After reading some comments taken from this website on another site I frequent regularly, I had to sign up and comment myself. (I see those comments got deleted.)
    Why is it that we have cigarettes and alcohol legalized when they have deaths clearly LINKED to them?
    Marijuana has absolutely NO deaths link to it this day. Sure, it's not healthy to pass anything through your lungs, but there are other ways to use it responsibly. Vaporizers is one example.
    Let's also talk long term effects: If your prone to psychological dependency, then you probably shouldn't smoke Marijuana or Cigarettes, you shouldn't drink alcohol either.
    I saw a comment that said something along the lines of "Marijuana has long term side effects such as impotence and brain damage." Brain damage is absolutely absurd. Do you know where that came from? They did a study on the effects of Marijuana using monkeys. They put gasmasks on the monkeys and let them breathe pure THC while cutting off their oxygen. Basically, suffocating them and if you know anything about basic biology when your oxygen is cut off it causes brain damage. Don't believe me do you? Take a look at this video: [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BASiUvW6Yeo"]YouTube - WHAT WILL HAPPEN IF WE LET THE "EVIL WEED" BE LEGALIZED?[/ame] (If you want to fast forward to where they're discussing this go to about 2:50 in to the video.)
    Why put a person in JAIL for growing a plant that actually brings health benefits to cancer patients, pain sufferers, anxiety sufferers, glaucoma sufferers; when you can free up jail cells for real criminals like murders and child molesters.

6. given the numerous benefits of marijuana, including its taxability and opening up a whole new industry...there has to be some other reason why the gov't doesn't want it legal...you would think, right?
    its too mind expanding...makes one less easily 'brainwashed' by the gov't , media, etc...too much competition for big pharm.
    my point is, its obvious that the majority of america...smokers and NONsmokers...agree that marijuana should be legalized. its the gov't that is in the way of that...

7. ignant fool spelled beavis wrong, too

8. Seriously that site reeked with bullshit. I can't believe how ignorant some people are and then to top it off, they spawn and create more ignorance.

9. i liked the vid ty for posting

10. Nice vid...The Union is a great movie, I totally need to buy it.

And I agree with what you were saying, Double_Frick, about how it makes it harder to be brainwashed by the government, not to mention the threat it would pose to large pharmaceutical companies.

Some people say that the legalization of marijuana would destroy our nation...and I honestly think they might be right. Except not in the everyone's-going-crazy-or-being-lazy way, but in the eye-opening way to all the deceit and lies the government feeds us.

We might have to face the very possible fact that the prohibition of weed is the only thing keeping our government together.

lol...woah.

11. they have no point to prove at all.
    marijuana should be legalized and taxed. end of story.