Marijuana is Legal in Alaska

Discussion in 'General' started by JCrohn, May 17, 2009.

1. ... But I rarely ever hear people talking about it, but its true (Well...semi true)

Alaska - NORML

According to multiple sources (including some of what i could find on alaska gov websites) Marijuana is LEGAL in Alaska.

"Possession of less than 25 plants is protected under the Alaska Constitution's right to privacy (See Ravin v. Alaska). Possession of 25 or more marijuana plants is “Misconduct involving a controlled substance in the fourth degree” and is punishable by a fine of up to $50,000 or five years in prison."

Its legal for yourself besides selling. Looks like you can grow it yourself and smoke like that.

If i didnt have an MMJ rec id consider getting a lodge out there with a crapload of acres and smoking it up.

...Maybe Alaska slightly expanding its law to having a state run area to purchase

2. dont they pay you to live in alaska?

3. They actually pay people to move there? Haha that's odd.

4. they just wanna get rid of all the meth heads

5. i move there if they paid me in cronic bud

6. The law says you can grow. Not have a half ounce in your pocket ;)

Be badass to live in a nice spot up there though. Get high and enjoy the view

7. ^wouldn't it better if they payed you in cash, and you can grow that chronic bud? lol that makes more sense to me..

8. ^ you got a point and i actualy enjoy growing but when i fist get there i will need some bud before the first harvest

9. im a wuss. i cant handle cold weather that well. so it would take full legalization to get me there.

10. Its legal to have an oz or less in your home.

From what i hear its pretty easy to get it up there.

11. Im moving to Alaska soon. :D

That is awesome, how is the cost of living up there compared to West Virginia?

12. Sweet man where abouts are you in WV? Grew up there in Harrison Co. Anyway, my sister in law lived in Alaska for a while. If memory serves shit is expensive there cause everything has to go a long ass way to get shipped there.

13. damn thats fucking awesome

14. Summers in Southern Alaska are quite warm.

15. Hampshire County here. Its alright, I mean its cheap, affordable, but it is damn near impossible to find a good contact, I mean you almost need to take the risk of rolling around and ask random people. Then when you do that, everyone knows everyone, so cops would find out quick.

16. nice! I went to pot state in Keyser for a while cause I got a gig as a senior RA. I managed to get some great diesel that way from Morgantown. Went to WVU there for a few years and diesel was everywhere. Couldn't get anything lower grade even if you wanted to! I would suggest making some contacts in Mo'town and buy in bulk.

Just checked into it and it seems that cost of living in Alaska is about 25% higher, but you usually get paid about that much more, so it works out.

17. or just come to canada. most cops don't care if you are carrying 3g or less. and i never heard of a house in my city ever getting raided for just pot. unless it's like a huge scale grow op... which is illegal in alaska too lol

18. Yeah, I gotta check that out. How did you aproach them, just look for stoner styles and ask where the green at?, thats what I have done a couple times, most people just laugh and walk away.

I would love to get ahold of some good shit man, I miss the chronic that was going through here a month ago.

19. I used to go to Sunny Side in Morgantown. Start at Grant St. Near Summit Hall and work back towards the back of the street. The back part of Grant st. is long. Its a one way so work against traffic, not with it. These houses are all students living off campus. A lot of them sling small amounts to support their habit, but they can get whatever you want. You'd prolly have to make multiple trips to cultivate a relationship with them. But ya, this is how I got hooked up at the start of every new year. My old contacts would move every year, so I'd have to find new hook ups every year. You will inevitably find stoners you can talk to or even somone with their front door open with a bong on the table. Just got to do it during school, cause in the summer that town is dead. GL! BTW. Cops are usually pretty chill there about it as long as you keep a low profile. And the people in sunny side don't give a shit even if they don't smoke cause that's party central. No body move to a house in sunnyside if they don't want to party out!

20. Holy fuck, I'm moving to Alaska, man. I like the cold, anyway, and being able to freely grow that much weed would be one hell of an asset.