Marijuana is illegal because of enlightenment

Discussion in 'High Ideas' started by dutchie_is_here, Jan 9, 2014.

1. To summarize the correct reasons on why it's illegal:
    Marijuana and hemp pose threats to certain industries and other money related reasons which aren't thoroughly thought through.
    Propaganda.

But finally states begin to recall cannabis as a thriving industry and outstanding medicine. When you know the facts it's enraging for us people in illegal states. Us in illegal states nearly have no clue about cannabis and it's values. We depend on the already legal states to prove to the people (citizens) what cannabis truly is. The government knows what it is and how essential it can be. They just refuse to lift the curtain and throw in their towels.

2. Enlightenment is within all of us, you just have to find it. Cannabis doesn't cause enlightenment, but it can work like a shovel to dig deeper inside yourself. Its a tool and can be misused like all other tools. 

3. I like weed because it makes me feel good. And I don't smoke it thinking that it's good for me. It just isn't as bad for you as some things. You are still inhaling heated plant smoke into your lungs which is always gonna be bad for you even if it doesn't have all the shit that tobacco has in it

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

4. #64 checkyoulater, Apr 8, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 8, 2014
    It's all about but the business and the political aspect of it to how it affects the economy.
    Tobacco 50 years ago was the supreme cash crop of America.

The cigar companies shifted overseas and made cost of goods profit, due to low overseas wage and better farmland.
    Now it is simply frowned upon.

Alcohol was once a major staple in America in the 1870's-1900's
    Same story.. Better liquor and crops overseas increased costs.

What the government cannot tax and control is better scheduled as illegal.

Hemp and Cannabis in the past decade has gained mainstream attention and increase.
    In good ways(medicinal) and in negative ways(black market control, addiction in certain people).

I personally am curious as to how it will be In standing by the end of this decade.