Marijuana IS a drug

Discussion in 'General' started by Dannyboyx8wire, Nov 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I do agree about the whole planting seeds bit, that is the only reason I mention his problem to him even though I know better than to try telling someone with a problem that, well, they have a problem. When I was going through an opiate phase a I mentioned something about tolerance to a friend of mine, and he sarcastically said in his authentic Russian accent "Yeah because you're taking them everyday, LIKE AN ADDDIICT." Although his sarcasm was obvious, accompanied by the smirk on his face, his words were one of the stepping stones to acknowledging my own problem that I have since overcome. (More or less, quite frankly complete sobriety is overrated, but clouds must be rode in moderation if you catch my drift)

2. #42 tharedhead, Nov 14, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 14, 2011
    Or his "daily habit" developed as an attempt to self medicate his increasing mental problems.

[​IMG]

Humans use drugs for a reason. Your friend, should he exist, may wish to consider seeking medical attention to determine what underlying condition he is attempting to relieve with cannabis. :)

3. You would be surprised how many people do not realize they have a problem or are in deep denial. You are his friend so you know better than I do how to go about approaching this, but I think you should make it more than clear to him that he has a problem. Come at it from the caring angle so he can't get mad and boisterous with you. "Dude, I've been your friend for Xamountoftime and I care about you, so I just want to make you aware that you have an addiction problem with marijuana that is effecting you significantly in other ways. I'm your friend so I just wanna be here to help and support you" or however you would like to go about it. Yes, you should be sensitive to the situation as you've previously said, but you also have to be firm.

Yeah, I feel you. I learned that the hard way as well :p Thankfully not with opiates! haha Glad to hear you're off 'em man. At least not addicted to them like you used to be

4. Weed aint a drug *****, its just a plant that is your friend. Quit trippin. Now crack and air duster..those are drugs haha.

5. [quote name='"WhereRDaCookies"']Weed aint a drug *****, its just a plant that is your friend. Quit trippin. Now crack and air duster..those are drugs haha.[/quote]

Yes, yes it is a drug. I suggest reading the thread and backing up your reply so it actually holds some merit.

6. Alright I'm going to create a new word for "drug" then. From now on all drugs above the line of cocaine will now be referred to as "Cracks".

Opium = a crack
    Crack = a crack
    Heroin = a crack
    Meth = a crack
    Weed = a plant

7. But it's also a drug.

8. [quote name='"WhereRDaCookies"']

Alright I'm going to create a new word for "drug" then. From now on all drugs above the line of cocaine will now be referred to as "Cracks".

Opium = a crack
    Crack = a crack
    Heroin = a crack
    Meth = a crack
    Weed = a plant[/quote]

Cocaine starts as a plant. Opiums a plant. Just because you don't want to classify it as a drug, doesn't mean it isn't. Come back with some facts or something if you want to debate, not this "it's not a drug because I don't want it to be" nonsense.

Edit:fun fact, phone auto corrected opium to Optimus.

9. Ha ha ha... OK fair enough, just a little advice though... Practice your sarcasm in the mirror before unleashing it on GC, I could be being sarcasic if I suggested it needs a little work ;)

10. who cares if marijuana is considered being called as a drug, but this drug is safer to abuse than alcohol

11. If you think you're addicted to weed, you're not. You have an addictive personality that would be addicted to something worse if weed wasn't in your life.

12. #52 Something New, Nov 14, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 14, 2011
    Here is the thing

Its all about word choice and the feelings associated with that word.

For example when someone mentions the word DRUG what do you think of in your mind?

I can assure you its not flowers and unicorns.

Now what if someone said that the substance you were about to indulge in was just a plant, or is just alcohol. It will make it feel safer and you will feel better about using it.

But here is why people tend to NOT call weed a drug. It makes it sound hardcore, when it really isn't, it really is on a different playing field then other drugs are.

TL;DR And that's why most people resist from calling weed a drug, to keep the negative stigma attached with the word drug out of the picture.

OFF TOPIC: I know this thread isn't about alcohol, but my theory is, why do you always hear the phrase "Alcohol AND Drug abuse"

Why not just "Drug Abuse"

13. Saying Marijuana is a drug is like saying Hitler was a great guy

14. Guys, we have a thread like this going right now, thats a massive argument......

we dont need 2... so im going to close this since the other one has been around longer....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.