Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Marijuana *IS* a drug.

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by 4smoke2haze0, Jul 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I'm tired of idiots saying "it's not a drug, it's a plant". That's just like saying "I don't drive a vehicle, I drive a truck". Yes, it is a plant, obviously. But it's also a drug. It meets all the qualifications to be considered a drug. Can it prevent, treat, cure, or cause illness/injury? YES. Is it recognized in the U.S. Pharmacopoeia? YES. Does it contain chemical compounds that can release other chemicals in our brain? YES. Just because you don't agree with it being called a drug doesn't mean it isn't one. Peace & pot.

2. I'm tired of these threads.

3. as am i. whoever doesn't think it's a drug, needs a reality check.

4. I understand that, but seriously, it gets old and people need to realize how dumb they sound.

5. Why did you need to post this on a weed forum?

6. Marijuana is in fact a drug yes, but the same way coffee & tea are drugs. Not man made pharm's.

7. Cause the only people who don't consider it a drug are the ones who smoke it. This is where we congregate. And it's the only forum I'm a member of.

8. Drug: A substance that has a physiological effect when ingested or otherwise introduced into the body, in particular.

Food is a drug, technically.

9. The real problem is the definition of drug. It needs to be changed. Almost anything consumable can be a drug in someway.

10. Everythingisdrugs.. IF you define drugs by some external substance that alters brain chemistry, tv, red meat, gambling, sex are all ''drugs''. Yeah weed is a drug but people say it isn't because the war on drugs creates this idea that anything called drugs=bad. Alcohol and coffee are ''drugs'' but people don't seems to call it such. That's why we say weed isn't a drug, by that they mean it shouldn't be classified along with crack, heroin and all that other shit..

But yeah, in reality a distinction between soft, medium and hard drugs would best.

11. yo, made any sweeping generalisations lately?

anyone who takes what they put into their body seriously will know, if not then they're probably just 14 years old.

12. Exactly.... I'm tired of these threads where people feel the need to tell us "marijuana is a drug"

Anything that you ingest that alters your body or mind is a drug.

13. It's a mind altering substance, it's a drug

14. Who gives a fuck! quiet down over there lassies and let us burn down some trees!

15. [quote name='"WeedNotDrugs"']Who gives a fuck! quiet down over there lassies and let us burn down some trees![/quote]

weednotdrugs said:

16. of course its a drug. i don't even acknowledge arguments to the contrary anymore. its like saying water isn't a chemical.

if you want to get technical, its not a drug because a drug is one psychoactive chemical. but we smoke it because of the thc. splitting hairs.

17. I believe that's the problem. The DEAs forced us to think of drugs as things like meth and heroin. Not anything that can cause a physical or mental alteration in your body.

18. #19 4smoke2haze0, Jul 19, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 19, 2012
    m
    Well said, sir. I should have worded it differently. The cannabis itself isn't a drug, it's the cannabinoids.

I also just sent a 6 paragraph letter to the White House, regarding the financial and humanitarian success legal cannabis could.

19. Its more of a friend than a drug :smoke:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.