Marijuana Is “Only Slightly Less Awful” Than Heroin

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by Kellie C Battle, Mar 17, 2017.

1. Jeff Sessions, the U.S. Attorney General, had some typically harsh words about marijuana today, at a time when legal pot supporters in Massachusetts and elsewhere are on high alert over how the new government will treat the drug.
    In prepared remarks for a speech to law enforcement in Richmond today, Jeff Sessions outlined his stance on marijuana use, which he has long opposed, saying that “dependency” on it is “only slightly less awful” than heroin.I realize this may be an unfashionable belief in a time of growing tolerance of drug use. But too many lives are at stake to worry about being fashionable. I reject the idea that America will be a better place if marijuana is sold in every corner store. And I am astonished to hear people suggest that we can solve our heroin crisis by legalizing marijuana – so people can trade one life-wrecking dependency for another that’s only slightly less awful. Our nation needs to say clearly once again that using drugs will destroy your life.
    To that end, Jeff Sessions continued, and said he supports a renewed drug awareness campaign on the “terrible truth about drugs”, like the ones rolled out decades ago.In the ’80s and ’90s, we saw how campaigns stressing prevention brought down drug use and addiction. We can do this again. Educating people and telling them the terrible truth about drugs and addiction will result in better choices. We can reduce the use of drugs, save lives and turn back the surge in crime that inevitably follows in the wake of increased drug abuse.
    blogs and news

2. Drugs are bad.
    Cannabis is none of them though :love-mj2:

• Like Like x 3
  3. i guess alcohol is a billion times worse than heroin then

• Like Like x 1
  4. Bring back the 18th Amendment.. Ohh WAIT.. That didn't work. Did we learn anything from that mess? NOOOOOOooooooooo we didn't so lets do it all over again.. Hey.
    BNW

• Like Like x 1
  5. It's an herb- Herbs are good for everyting

• Like Like x 1
  6. well thats great news- it means heroin must be no where near as bad as previously thought

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. yeah thats a lot of chest puffing and posturing. But the only thing he said he would do is start those stupid commercials again. Whatever. Trump himself said he would not interfere with medical marijuana or the states ability to self govern the issue. hes said it numerous times. Hence why they aren't talking about cracking down on grows, or dispensarys. I don't follow trump blindly, and generally dislike sessions because of his stupid archaic beliefs, but its important to note, that there has been no announcement of plans regarding legislation against it.
    And also remember, that even the most liberal of liberals, obama, was unable to do anything on the federal level for marijuana, including taking it off the schedule 1 list.

8. His words amount only to ignorant fear mongering.

Alcohol and tobacco are causing more harm to society than cannabis ever has or ever will. And how many people die from pharmaceutical medications each year? But, in the eyes of Jeff, these deaths are acceptable, because big alcohol/tobacco/pharmaceutical corporations bribe the government to keep things the way they are. It is disgusting that big business have such a huge influence on the law making process.

10. Heroin, I won't ever touch that shot but if you can grow it in yr back yard. Unlock coca in that needs to be treated with chemicals. I do not think the government should make it illegal

12. Poking you with a stick is only slightly less harmful than cutting off your fucking head with a samurai sword

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Using Science to determine how safe something is is Way better than using propaganda to determine the same thing... ridiculing, chastising others for their personal choices is only slightly less awful than trying to be in someone elses body to control it... stay in you own fucking body Dude!

• Like Like x 1
  14. The media is so negative, and our government is full of shit. We don't need the government, we need /we the people/.

• Like Like x 1
  15. the Gov is people... unless We've gone A.I. and don't know it :wacko:

16. Lol, the government isn't the people? We the people elect officials. All we have to do to take over is; leave our jobs, go to DC. But people are a bunch of pussies, so it'll never happen.

17. unless there are other versions of " people" ?? the people, your people, all people... LOL

18. I'm talking about /EVERYONE/ in the WORLD. Everyone should be allowed in the United States. We're all immigrants except the Native Americans. Get your facts up.

19. however you term organisms floating in space revolving on circular mass ... whatever makes you comfortable in existence- go that

20. I'm surprised people still listen to the drivel these 'experts' shill out. If you've never inhaled, grown, gotten high, seen how it's grown, or actually studied marijuana, guess what? You're not an expert.

They are worried about their pharmaceutical, tobacco and alcohol profits. They never talk about oxycontin, methadone, even Advil kills people every year. Opioids are far more dangerous and the same drug class as heroin...which all come from the poppy plant...

while ganja is a herb/medicinal plant, one of the weakest that is not even considered a minor psychedelic..it has psychoactive ingredients, but the only thing ganja leads to.... is more ganja. Also, donuts.

• Like Like x 2