Marijuana Induced Psychosis???

Discussion in 'General' started by The Light You Left Remains, Aug 29, 2014.

1. First time posting i hope you can all bare with me but (i put this here because i figured you guys are the experts) some strange shit has happened inside me starting 6 months ago following a night of marijuana induced panic attacks.-

-I have very mild S.A.D. and depression, but something strange has happened to me. A couple of months ago i smoked pot with my buddy like i usually do, probably smoked more than normal, no big deal. Had a panic attack, have them sometimes, this 1 was veeeery strange but not severe. But then the next day (couple months ago still) i woke up with the strangest, indescribable feeling. I keep having these deep strange thoughts about life and death, ive always been a deep thinker, but not this way. Thats not it either, i have this very "mellow" feeling in my head i guess you would call it? I feel like im not attached to my body, like have you ever played a video game like grand theft auto where the character is in 3rd person? Well i feel like that, i feel like my whole existence is just in my head, my hands and body just does what i tell it to, BUT i still control it obviously. I feel like my mind is blank and if i sit long enough my eyes will kind of go cross eyed. My paranoia is terrible, i feel like people are watching me. People will always ask me in public "are you high?" Keep in mind I'm sober. Also i was driving with my father and i didn't realize it, but i guess i was deeply daydreaming for a second i was kinda slowly going off the road, and my dad saw my face and was like "are you okay buddy?" It really freaked me out that he said that because hes kind of a hard ass, just the way his face was when he saw my face kinda shocked me. 1 last thing, when i look in the mirror, i keep asking weird shit, like "is that really me" and i feel i look different. Also, I HAVE NOT SMOKED SINCE THAT NIGHT. This is a deeply disturbing feeling which i can honestly say is worse than any depression episode ive been through, so i guess my question is, what the F is wrong with me? Is my mind just done dealing with issues or something? Or is this an actual DISORDER? Please someone help me.

2. .-. I don't wanna bash you but it's so tempting... It's all In your head you don't have a disorder...

It's all just one big conspiracy

3. Go to a shrink and tell him whats happening with you. Please. I don't want you daydreaming behind the wheel. It's dangerous you can kill somebody including yourself.

4. No its really not. Its a feeling, just like being happy or sad is. Im sure you wouldnt be saying the same thing if you felt it

5. You need a bowl

6. regardless, get yourself to a shrink asap please.

7. It's in your head man. Your thinking to much your have to turn your Brain off sometimes. Do you have ADD?

8. Yeah I thought so . You take meds for it? ?

9. I used to but i refuse to take prescription meds now.

10. Another thing i forgot to mention, i remember the kid my friend was with, this black kid who i guess isa dealer i never knew but I've seen around but never bought off of. I remember him and my friend talking in the car before we got high, laughing and kept looking at me n shit. The dealer kept saying ""are you ready to get big headed?" Wtf does that mean? The high was so different than bud high i felt like i couldn't calm down for like 8 hours straight, i felt all jittery and i was just wanted to move around. I kept thinking in loops and couldn't think straight at all. During the whole thing (we just drove around) they seemed to get a kick out of me freakin out in the back of the car. It wasn't like i smoked WAY too much or something, it was just a normal, maybe a little more, they matched and they just gave me my own j to myself

11. Why would you smoke by yourself but with ppl? That's an obvious red flag

Sent from my U670C using Grasscity Forum mobile app

12. I mean.

/thread

13. The mental probelms in this country are really getting outta hand.

I almost wish we could go back to before everything was a mental disorder and excuse to be fucking insane.

Lots of people in me family who got medicated are way fucking worse now than they ever were sober and addicted to something else, like religion.

14. I'm not sure if you want any more advice..as someone who went through a terrible panic attack(the only time it's happend) after smoking some weed you could private message me. It's rather embarrassing so I'd rather not put it out for all to see. But there's certain plant medicines that can really help panic disorders. My mind use to race non stop and it barely shut off before I started dosing with a unmentionable every couple months. It's like your mind is almost reset after. Like I said p.m me for more info.

15. Smoking separates the body and mind. Smoke smaller amounts and try keeping a positive mindset.
    For now I would suggest to stop smoking for awhile until you can get yourself together.

Also if you cant handle weed or it makes you feel this way and you find it detrimental, staaaaaaay the hell away from psychedelics

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Grasscity Forum mobile app

16. Find your chi, homie. Good luck.

My buddy had an experience like this after a high dose of psychedelics, but it went away shortly. To be honest my man, IT IS ALL IN YOUR HEAD BRO. If you have a panic attack and convince yourself your brain is all spaced-out now, guess what's going to happen?

If you truly feel it is something beyond your control, I'd suggest taking some every day to unplug from your day-to-day routine and meditate. Connect with yourself, your mind, your spirit, and solve the problem within. This has helped me through many dilemmas in my life. 

If it gets drastic, don't hesitate to see a psychologist or talk to a loved one about it.

Also I highly suggest you practice 'grounding' techniques (http://www.peirsac.org/peirsacui/er/educational_resources10.pdf). And remember: if you ever need someone to talk to I'm just a quick PM away!! Stay safe, stay healthy, stay frosty bro.

18. Maybe it was laced with something? ? ? I doubt it, but it seems like the kind of behavior that would accompany that.

HOWEVER, this could also be a result of paranoia, etc. I wouldn't think too much about the negative things you're feeling and focus more on the fact that you're still here, still kicking, and some fucking smoke ain't gonna put you down and out. Stay strong amigo

19. Why do all of these fucking tweekers have to smoke when they can't even fucking handle sober life? Every other week it's some retarded shit. Where was this mass orgy of moms being fucked in public on pestocide-coated grass that spawned all of these fucking problem children?