Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Marijuana helps to control ACNE?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by SkyHy, May 10, 2011.

1. How do you usually smoke? If it's through a vape then this is probably legit but smoke in general causes acne, although like someone said stress is a cause of acne so it could be true.

2. Being in a medical field, and having taken numerous anatomy, physiology, pharmacology, chemistry, and biology classes (not to mention working in a micorbiology lab currently) I can say that accutane is an amazingly effective drug for acne treatment.

I know because I've taken it. My acne was nearly gone within a month's time, and I'd had it for over 10 years at that point. Not only that, but I was no longer oily, which was a godsend.

The flipside of that, of course, is dry skin. I'll take dry skin over oily skin any freaking day of the year. Oily skin fucking sucks.

As for how accutane works, it inhibits sebaceous (oil) gland function, and actually changes the chemical structure of the oil produced, so that it is less sticky, and so does not trap bacteria in pores, which causes infection, and thus a blemish.

Yes, there are some serious, although extremely rare side-effects (suicidal tendencies, depression) but it's literally one in a million. As for the liver stress, yes it occurs, but remember that accutane is usually only administered for a period of 6 months, so the liver will not be permanently damaged. If you're worried about liver damage, don't drink alcohol, because that will do your liver much more damage than a course of accutane ever could.

Just wanted to clarify. I know this is a lot, but I always have to chime in when it comes to medical topics. ;)

3. Accutane has an interesting and controversial history

Congressional Committee Finds Accutane Causes Suicide

You have to swear not to get pregnant while on it, which is rather ominous
    Isotretinoin - PubMed Health

4. In my opinion...Accutane is truly a double edged sword when it comes to medicine.
    It does wonders on the skin but damn.. Does it wreck your body over time.
    Glad I'm off it.

5. Good info, but...

Attached Files: