Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Marijuana Has Anti-Cancer Properties

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by NWOtakeover, Jul 29, 2009.

1. Marijuana Has Anti-Cancer Properties
    :hello:
    Researchers first conducted an experiment in mice that had been engineered to carry three different grafts of human brain cancer. They injected the mice daily with the molecule tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) near the site of the tumors once each day. The chemical appeared to stimulate the cancerous cells to engage in a process known as autophagy, in which cells initiate their own breakdown.

"These results may help to design new cancer therapies based on the use of medicines containing the active principle of marijuana and/or in the activation of autophagy," researcher Guillermo Velasco said.

THC belongs to a class of chemicals known as cannabinoids, named after the cannabis (marijuana) plant in which they occur. It is the chemical responsible for the psychoactive effects of marijuana consumption.
    Marijuana Has Anti-Cancer Properties

2. good hopefully ppl will start to see its uses and finally leagalize
    but thats good to hear it helps cancer because my nieghbor has cancer

3. If there were several studies that prove to have similar results, this could jumpstart the legalization process. I wonder if smoked marijuana will have similar or better results in the same test compared to injected THC (anyone know if it was synthetic Marinol or extracted from a Cannabis plant?)

4. Wow that's great news to hear. :smoking:

5. yahoo has a article that tanning beds increase your risk of cancer 75%.. Smoke up ladies!:smoking:

6. Yea I read this in the new High Time magazine. That article actually shocked me. I only knew radiation and other medication putting cancers into remission. If this is true, this is a very large breakthrough in medical sciences.

7. this is way better than all those stupid hyped up articles that say how weed causes this or that then there is a really tiny quote from the scientist that says it doesnt really cause anything but they make it sound like it does... so yah :p