Marijuana Has Anti-Cancer Properties

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by 420FLASmoka, Jul 27, 2009.

1. Marijuana Has Anti-Cancer Properties

2. I wonder if it cures the cancer you might get from inhaling smoke and shit from blunts/joints :eek:

3. #3 Kooz, Jul 27, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 27, 2009
    lol dude i just read your sig ima go change mine to that too.. thats so smart for paranoid people lol +rep if my rep thingy works

4. Except that weed wont give you cancer.....
    :confused:
    :smoking:

5. In canada, hemp oil can cure cancer, and pretty much anything!

6. hemp oil can cure cancer, but only in canada, wooohooo!

7. weed might not necisarrely give you cancer, but smoke in your lungs isnt good, nothing about it is good. lol

8. Well i will say that if you smoke 5 blunts a day everyday you might get cancer or something of the sort down the line from that. We have the technology for vaporizing and some crazy bongs with a lot of diffusion so its cooled. Vaporizing will never hurt you though. People have to remember that there are other methods then to just SMOKE.

9. Nope, try as you might, you won't get lung cancer from marijuana

You may have lung problems from so much smoking, obviously smoking anything isn't natural for your lungs, but cancer isn't a problem you will get from marijuana

Now for 5 cigarettes/cigars a day, that's a different story

But yea thanks for the post OP, brain cancer really is an area where marijuana works wonders, and we hardly know the half of marijuana's potential!

It's interesting to see how media coverage has changed in the years, from marijuana 'killing brain cells' in the whole 'this is your brain on drugs' era, to marijuana effectively treating brain cancer today, in the (hopefully) progressive era!

10. You can't get lunge cancer from marijuana, but I'm pretty sure you can from smoking it..

11. I meant if you smoke weed filled tobacco(basically a blunt) then the tobacco will GREATLY increase your risk of cancer.
    Peoples views ARE starting to change, but its mostly the people smoking the bud who are changing the most, and hopefiully disowning stereotypes.

12. I'ma fight everyone who calls me a pot head / stoner..

Then I'll be an angry druggie, cause i smoke weeed :(

13. I'm not sure if these are entirely right but this is what I've always believed to be true:

Smoking/vaporizing marijuana has NEVER caused lung cancer or else we WOULD be catching shit.
    Smoking/vaporizing marijuana can/has NEVER cause(d) emphysema or it wouldn't help emphysema patients.

14. ... pothead

I wish that it were studies like this that made it to the mainstream instead of the BS put out by those abovetheinfluence pricks.

15. That's right! I have to admit, it really feels good to see other people talking about this and not just me, ha.

16. Haha, I'm back! :D:wave: Yes, Hemp Oil is the best way of using cannabis and the healthiest and cures many things including killing cancer cells!

17. #17 LCM, Jul 29, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 29, 2009
    Exactly.

As humans we naturally produce cancer cells. One is said to have cancer only when the cancer cells begin to multiply, dividing rapidly and out of control--ultimately forming a growth (tumor). Marijuana prevents this process from occurring and slows the growth process if cancer growth is activated. This process cannot occur from smoking marijuana. (e.g. One cannot develop an asthma condition from use of bronchial dilators and preventative corticosteroids. (Marijuana is a bronchial dilator btw)

Another widely misconstrued fact is that the chemicals in marijuana smoke affect your lungs the same way cigarette smoke does. This is not true. There are hundreds of more chemicals in tobacco smoke than marijuana, and the chemicals that are present in marijuana smoke don't share the same properties. Particles from marijuana smoke do not stick to the mouth, esophagus, bronchi, lungs or any part of the respiratory system--they do not possess the adhesive and sticky tar qualities as seen in nicotine and tobacco related chemicals and are easily removed via normal bodily functions--preventing them from causing any long lasting damage. Cigarettes/tobacco are chemically manipulated in so many ways, while cannabis is a naturally occurring plant. It is not hard to spot this major difference in composition.

Here is one of the many articles which confirms these facts:

"The active ingredient in marijuana cuts tumor growth in common lung cancer in half and significantly reduces the ability of the cancer to spread, say researchers at Harvard University who tested the chemical in both lab and mouse studies."

exerpt:

"In the present study, the researchers first demonstrated that two different lung cancer cell lines as well as patient lung tumor samples express CB1 and CB2, and that non-toxic doses of THC inhibited growth and spread in the cell lines. "When the cells are pretreated with THC, they have less EGFR stimulated invasion as measured by various in-vitro assays," Preet said. Then, for three weeks, researchers injected standard doses of THC into mice that had been implanted with human lung cancer cells, and found that tumors were reduced in size and weight by about 50 percent in treated animals compared to a control group. There was also about a 60 percent reduction in cancer lesions on the lungs in these mice as well as a significant reduction in protein markers associated with cancer progression, Preet says.
    Although the researchers do not know why THC inhibits tumor growth, they say the substance could be activating molecules that arrest the cell cycle. They speculate that THC may also interfere with angiogenesis and vascularization, which promotes cancer growth.
    "

If you choose to dismiss this scientifically proven evidence, (i.e. you're stupid) consider this; Why have there been ZERO related cases of cancer/emphysema/etc and marijuana usage when a large percent of the world population smokes it frequently? If there were people being diagnosed with cancers as a result of extensive marijuana use I could see where these people are coming from, but the simple fact is that there haven't been any. Period.

Smoking marijuana, especially when vaporizing, produces no harmful side effects. A neutral to positive effect is what you will experience unless if have a predisposed sensitivity to the plant, such as abnormal serotonin levels.

The other main rebuttal to marijuana use is the claim that it kills brain cells. Studies show marijuana to be neuro-protective and will actually prevent brain cells to be damaged from other agents (largely alcohol). None of the medical tests currently used to detect brain damage in humans have found harm from marijuana, even from long term high-dose use. An early study reported brain damage in rhesus monkeys after six months exposure to high concentrations of marijuana smoke. In a recent, more carefully conducted study, researchers found no evidence of brain abnormality in monkeys that were forced to inhale the equivalent of four to five marijuana cigarettes every day for a year. The claim that marijuana kills brain cells is based on a speculative report dating back a quarter of a century that has never been supported by any scientific study.

Time for me to pack another bowl holy jesus.

18. I've seen quite a few documentaries on hemp oil and while I am naturally sceptical about such things... the evidence is convincing. Especially after having read this article.

I don't see how smoking pure marijuana could give you cancer... the chemical properties of marijuana are just not carcinogenic. Of course I never smoke pure joints I always add tobacco so I'm not doing myself a favour. When I have the money I'm going to get a nice volcano vaporizer...

19. These articles are based solely on marijuana and do not account for fertilizers. However, used in moderation according to the plant's needs, fertilizers won't have any carcinogenic impact on the plant, they will keep the plant healthy. It's when growers who do not know what they're doing use too much that harm can be done. Obviously synthetic is not as environmentally friendly as organic, but as long as the fertilizer is used properly it will not cause any harm.

We eat food commercially grown with these kinds of fertilizers why would smoking marijuana grown in them be any more harmful? Especially when the opposition's main argument is in reference to the nitrates in the fertilizer:

"In inorganic chemistry, a nitrate is a salt of nitric acid with an ion composed of one nitrogen and three oxygen atoms (NO3−). In organic chemistry the esters of nitric acid and various alcohols are called nitrates. Nitrate from food, especially vegetables, is converted in the human digestive tract to nitrite which reacts with amines to form carcinogenic nitrosamines."

Use your ferts right and there won't be any problems.