Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Marijuana, GERD, Nerve Issues

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by JerBear31, Feb 6, 2014.

1. Both, I've had tests, all negative but they put me on GERD meds anyway and it helps a lot. Before I was getting chest pains, shortness of breath, and other anxiety infused symptoms and the meds have stopped those unless I smoke, but have added nausea.

2. It doesn't make sense to me as to why you would have those issues. I have nerve problems with my stomach and I'm very sick every morning and painful through the day. Marijuana is the only that that will take it away after even one hit. It never makes my symptoms worse. Takes away the pain and makes me hungry. Maybe weed isn't the solution for you?

3. I'm a strong believer in marijuana's risk free nausea benefits. I'm just trying to figure out what the best way to intake it. The smoke is clearly irritating plus maybe the fact that my tolerance is so low, it's just a lot to take in. I want to exhaust all possible ways with marijuana, including CBD, before I give up hope. Traditional medications for nausea don't do crap.

I re-read your post with that in mind and I think it would be a good idea to try and treat the symptoms through diet or whatever, you could avoid having GERD all together from what i've read online, though not always. As far as smoking causing those problems is concerned I can only suggest edibles or a vape, maybe try smoking the joint very slowly (assuming you smoke Js)

5. Yes the smoke is irritating, I have bad bouts of coughing and I notice if I have to go a long time without a smoke I will start coughing even though I haven't smoked in many hours. I suggest take smaller hits, vape or edibles. Warning though, I have the Pax vaporizer and to me its just as irritating as smoking from a pipe. Its portable so it doesn't cool the vapor and tends to actually dry out your throat. It also burns through weed like a motherfucker. If you get a vape, go for a non-portable one that cools the vapor when you inhale.

6. #26 Biltwellnigga, Feb 6, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 6, 2014
    Gerd is one of those things that can be annoying as fuck as it can cause problems in all different kinds of ways and different kinds of problems.

Seriously try to limit or eliminate soda/carbonated drinks, acidic drinks/foods, and spicy foods.

You should try otc stuff like pepcid ac. Pepcid ac and I are best friends now unfortunately.

If you haven't already. Do a 2 week run with prilosec along with pepcid ac. Ask your doctor first though.

7. #27 JerBear31, Feb 7, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 7, 2014
    I take a strong PPI called Dexilant. It does wonders.

And yeah you're right I remember vaping awhile ago and the vape still irritated my GI tract and made me very high on top of it lol.

I live in Wisconsin and weed is far from legal, I wish I could get my hands on some Harlequin or Cannatonic with high CBD levels. It still might irritate, but the irritation won't spin my head around into more anxiety while the symptoms happen, heck it might even ease those symptoms, but I won't be able to know unless I can try it. Anyone know where I can get seeds for either of those that isn't out of the US so I don't have to deal with customs taking them?

I've been making my own Rick Simpson Oil and that seems to eliminate most of the GI discomfort, but sometimes it makes me high, and sometimes it doesn't, and it's very expensive to make. Not to mention all that's been around is mostly Sativa from what it seems, so that's probably not helping the anxiety during symptoms either.

8. Hmm I should ask my doc bout it.

9. I highly recommend it, it's a double release pill. Once when you take it and it releases more later. It's VERY expensive and a lot of insurers don't cover it, or most of it. If you can't afford it, google Tekeda Dexilant Assistance, I get mine for free.

10. #30 Biltwellnigga, Feb 7, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 7, 2014
    Oh yeah those assistance programs where you send in your w4 and shit? Saying you don't make enough and all that? I used to get my abilify free like that lol

That was a while ago though. I'm making enough now lol

11. Yeah you just have to send them a pay stub, without insurance help they are $340 for a months worth... So it could be hard for anyone to afford haha. But yeah see if you can snatch some samples from your doc

12. true. Thanks man

13. I have never ever heard of Dexilant in my life. I'm going to look up more about it. I'm curious as to if it would help me. Is it an ant-acid similar to prilosec?

14. Ask any doctor, it's the best PPI ever made, thus, the most expensive. I've tried everything including Prilosec and none of them worked besides Dexilant. Definitely recommend it to fellow sufferers.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

15. I'll have to ask my Gastric doctor when I get back into town. Sounds pretty good! I would say my symptoms are bad, however they where far worse, unbearable and so excruciating until my recent heart surgery. (I have heart problems). Before I had surgery they realized I was in far worse condition than expected and I think it took a major toll on my stomach. Since my open heart surgery my symptoms have been far less but still notable. Make sure your healthy cause other problems can cause unexpected issues.

16. I'm really sorry to hear. Weird you were having stomach problems before your heart surgery. It's definitely worth a shot. Let me know how it goes!

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

17. Well if your not healthy in one department other departments will start to fail also.

18. ^this, is more pointless than not posting

I'm starting to think the c in your name stand for cunt. You're always being one. Cuntball.