Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Marijuana Generations

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by Rasta_Man, Jun 24, 2005.

1. When i started smoking pot, it was the early 90's, i grew up with classic hip-hop and grunge rock. The U.S. was fighting the first Iraqi war and everybody hated madonna finally.

The current generation of stoners have grown up listening to 50 cent, eminem, and taking in all this fear propraganda.

There have always been different generations of stoners, 60's with Jimmy hendrix and bob marley, to the 70's with zeppelin and pink floyd.

As each stoner generation grows, they feed off of the earlier generations, absorbing their knowledge and far-out views.

Do you think we'll see a time where maybe recreation drug use has nearly ended? The government anti-drug propaganda had one? Kid's genuinley think marijuana will fuck your life up?

In some places, the war on drugs is raging more than ever (south america, parts of the U.S.), in other places, we work towards decriminalization (Canada, Europe), the lines between drug users and the anti-drug communities have never been so drawn open. Stereotypes are rampant.

This is just a though, just an idea.
    We need to do more, each and every one of us, to preserve our right to our culture and right as humans.

Think about that, the next time you play into a stoner stereotype, or do something reckless on drugs.

• Like Like x 2
  2. nah, curiousity will beat out propaganda. plus not everyone lives in america.

3. personally ive done my dutity and i have turned 3 drinkers into pot smokers and properly educated them on the REAL facts:smoke:smoke on

4. Rasta_Man, Wow man. That was a interesting and thought provoking post. I particularly agree with your very last sentence. I come from Parents who think marijuana will ruin your life. I was a closet smoker in college. I completely agree that the lines between users and nonusers has never been so apparent. I have no idea what is going to happen in the US over time. My thoughts are that the war on drugs will eventually win, which is such a depressing thought. I can only say that my desire to raise enough money to move overseas grows daily. I'm not anti-American. I just have different believes about how I want to live my life... :smoke:

5. i have a question.

do you think the gov't is winning the drug war?

im seeing a lot more people smoking weed in my community then ever before.

6. I know more nonsmokers than smokers. And I have a strong suspision that is the same for the majority of the people on the board. That kinda speaks for itself, but yes I do feel that in the US drugs are losing the battle. In a lot of cases that pushes illegal use up higher and higher or into larger and larger cliques. (The latter portion of that sentence is more accurately phrased.)

7. i didnt understand a word of that last sentance dbw lol

but yeah, i dont know how you can say the government is winning the war on drugs. arresting people isnt winning, its losing. the REAL purpose of the "war on drugs" is to get people to stop using them, not arresting them for using them. they just think thats how people will stop. Most people who try to stop people from using drugs always go about it the wrong way, and it usually just ends up that the people they are trying to stop sees how fucking rediculous their logic is, and therefore continues to use.

8. Dude I'm sorry. I read it again and it made sense to my high self, so I can't even try to explain it to you. :smoke:

But my point is that for drugs to actually win, they would have to be legal. I can't really see a grey area. Just because people are using only means that people are continuing to break the law. I'm not saying the law is a smart law, but with laws like that how can you say drugs are winning? Sneaking around in cliques of potheads, regardless of the group's size, isn't winning.

Unless drugs are legal the war on drugs is winning. Dude if I'm not making sense tell me and I'll just go to sleep. I'm pretty fucking blazed. :smoke:

9. Cool post. Some of my thoughts: I find much more people my age (teens) that prefer drinking (or do it more often), but I'm beginning to see that damn near errybody gets high. Only those that haven't tried it or have had bad experiences, or are afraid because they've been misled by their friends, family, or the gov., do not smoke. I've explained and showed quite a few kids all of the truths and falsehoods (known to me) of marijuana. I've convinced quite a few kids that smoking will not ruin one's life nor will they become addicted. And none of them have, as long as they follow the guidelines I've told them. I've also taught countless kids how to smoke properly, and how to roll (especially).
    The war on drugs is certainly raging, and with our current Conservative government, it will be difficult to make many strides forward, but with proper education and correct information, the war on drugs could have some positive outcomes, and we shouldn't stop trying to push for proper marijuana awareness.

w3rd?

10. I'm a stoner from the current generation i guess and i dont listen to eminem, 50 cent and so on i still listen to hendrix, marley and so on. Same with most of the other stoners i know they listen to the older stuff. Personally i think that the rap today just doesnt go good with weed.

Pretty much i listen to Hendrix, Marley, Interpool, Stone Temple Pilots, The Doors, Modest Mouse, Led Zepplin, Pink Floyd, Iron Maiden, Tool, 311, sublime, and some others i cant think of right now

11. lol i think you missed the point of the post

dbw, i see what you mean, but that sentence still makes absoloutly no sense to me, lol. maybe try to reword it?

but uh yeah, it is pretty much a stalemate, because the government will never win the war on drugs, but they sure as hell arent about to give it up anytime soon

12. I think I see what dbw is trying to say. By drugs being illegal, and generally looked down upon by non-users, it doesn't stop many people from using drugs. It only pushes everyone into groups of drug users vs. non-users.

In general, I don't like it when I feel like the typical stoner stereotype. When I don't have a job, and I plan on buying a gram with the $20 in my pocket, it makes me feel like the image most people see when they think of pot-heads: broke losers that spend all their money on pot. I know it isn't necessarily true, but it makes me feel bad about myself nonetheless.

13. Rasta_Man nice to see you back, have not seen you post in a while. I don't think weed will die off; neither will other types of drugs. They have been around since the beginning of time. We might see that hard drugs change, as the medical research community develops new drugs and people find new ways to take advantage of them. Weed will always be around, it is too widespread the war on drugs is failing, and never had a shot at actually winning.

14. ^^^

weed will always be available - whether it's legal or illegal. all the government is doing to try to win the war on drugs is hiding and denying the truth and spreading lies. so as long as there are people who know the truth then the government will never win the war on drugs.

15. If you really don't know anybody that's never smoked, I assure you that you're a rare case. I know far more people that don't smoke than I do people who smoke. I know very few people that have smoked but don't smoke anymore.

16. those stats make good sense...since everyone thinks that alcohol is ok because its legal

btw, how could the gov't make alcohol legal again (after prohibition, long time ago i know) and not make marijuana legal? its seems liek the gov't is denying our freedoms

mj use will never die, but i dont think it will ever be accepted in the U.S.....kids are brainwashed at an early age that weed is the worst thing since wedgies (D.A.R.E. and propaganda) and the gov't consistenly lies about the effects of mj (just look in a health book at your school, read the lies!)

17. the more kids are told somethin is bad, the more they'll wanna see for themselves when their older................

18. it's more like half and half...i know many people who are totally straight-edge, some of my friends said that if i continued to smoke they would stop being my friends ("you'll ruin your life!") so i quit 18 months ago ;)

i thought weed was bad for you until my brother and a friend of mine got me to try it

I FIGURED OUT WHY THEY SAY NEVER TO TRY WEED!!! its because once you try, you realize that it isn't bad, so the gov't knows that it has to stop people from trying it even once, because once someone has tried it, they'll smoke forever :D