Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Marijuana for Upper and lower respiratory infections/irritations

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by Chaosult, Mar 27, 2006.

1. (crosspost)

Hello there.

It seems to me that i'm prone to getting URI's. Usually when I go to the doctor for this, they prescribe me some sort of antibiotic.

Obviously smoking anything can't be good for any part of the resipratory tract, but I was wondering if anyone had any experience with treating URI infections or lower resipratory infections with marijuana.

I know mj has been described as an expectorant, but does this apply to marijuana that is consumed in food as well?

What was your illness? In what way did you use marijuana when sick with the URI/LRI? How did marijuana help?

Thanks!

2. why is my plant turning lite green

3. Bobcat, what the fuck are you talking about? Plants are green, and why post this in another thread?

Also, to the original poster, can you tell me why putting smoke into your lungs would HELP a resp. infection? Just sleep on that one and you'll get your answer.

-AFD

4. it wouldn't help infection, and definetely wouldn't help an irritation. It does open up your airways.