Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Marijuana for Tourettes?

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by MX500, Nov 26, 2007.

1. I have been suffering from tourettes since I was about 6. I started smoking marijuana regularly last fall, and my tourettes has never been more subdued. I don't have the urge to "tic" nearly as often as I had before, even when I'm sober, the left over THC must be still in effect because I haven't had much problem with my tourettes since I started smoking.

I've been pondering applying for a medical marijuana club card, but don't know if my case would be accepted. Is marijuana known for reducing the effects of tourettes? I would love to be able to have a card so I can make this legal.

Anyone else here have tourettes? I'm interested to see if the chronic helps you out too.

2. Yes! MMJ definately reduces the effects of tourettes. I recently watched a documentary on mmj and it showed a patient that suffered from tourrettes. her tourettes was HORRIBLE it was so hard to understand, i felt so bad =( but then she went n grabbed a bag(they showed the shit she had to go through to get it, it aint easy for sick ppl to get trees where u cant get medical mj)

so after she gets the weed they showed her talking and it was typical tourretes shit, then she smoked a bowl and was normal.

3. I don't have the syndrome, but I have several friends who do, and all are medical users who swear by it, no pun intended. At the very worst, it can't hurt to try.

With medical records showing a valid independent diagnosis, it is widely accepted for recommendation of cannabis in the state of CA. You must be in a state where cannabis is legal for med purposes. :wave:

4. ^^ lolz

5. I have tourettes too and it helps me a LOT. I smoke before school every day to avoid being made fun of. Even though I just get made fun of fpr being that dude who smells like weed every day. :p

6. 7 year old thread.....I'm happy it helps you....

7. Hey, welcome to the club haha. Yes it definately does help relax the tourettes when your using a strong indica imo, I have a few disorders as well as tourettes, they call it TS Plus. The anxieties that are normally found with tourettes and the tics are usually in remission when I use cannabis. Don't take my word for it though, give it a try and see how it goes.

8. I don't know about you guys but smoking gives me tics especially if I'm cold

Tourettes is listed in grannies list.  Whether it is a qualifying condition I couldn't say.

10. What I don't understand is how the numb-nuts even finds a 7 year old thread! Googling marijuana and tourettes I guess? Ridiculous either way lol.

11. There is a section on Tourettes and cannabis in "Granny Storm Crow's List". To get your free PDF copy, just check out the bottom of my sig and send me an email. Or you can just PM me your email address!

The new January 2014 "Granny's List" contains a couple pages of links on Tourettes that should prove useful in convincing your doctor to give you a recommendation (if your state allows cannabis for Tourettes).

Granny

12. I have no real information for the OP but I'm interested in how this will play out in the next 10 years or so now that more and more of the medical community is seriously looking at MMJ. I remember in the early 90s a genetic link was established between Turrets, ADD and 10 or 20 other afflictions that relate to a level of control. I've been mulling this connection around, on and off, for 20 years or so. No personal stake but I do think there is a connection that MMJ could address. Best of luck.

13. actually, ya. There is a huge well of info from this site. I've pulled stuff up from years ago just searching for stuff. Besides, who cares? At least the info helped em.

Blurring the lines between what is Unreal and real.

14. Like much of the benefits of marijuana, my experience is anecdotal. I was diagnosed with tourettes around the same age of OP, and again two years ago. I have found marijuana to ease the verbal ticks I have when I am vaporizing, and also when im sober. But my facial ticks (exclusively crossing my eyes, have had it for a decade) is only subdued when I am high, not sober. However this is an absolute minimal concern for me and I use marijuana therapeutically for other issues as I enjoy the outbursts of energy I feel from tourettes.

It is amazing that there are so many stories of marijuana helping various medical conditions. What kind of drug has no agreed method of delivery, no set dosage, no frequency of dose and such a wide variety of therapeutic properties. Not only that but what kind of plant can grow anywhere in the world? I believe a supreme being (the universe, God, Mother Nature) meant everyone to have access to this medicine.