Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Marijuana for GERD

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by Yoshiii, Aug 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Im 20 years old and have had GERD since i was about 11. I have been prescribed plenty of different medications Prilosec, Prevacid, Protonix and some others i don't remember the name of, I now take Nexium, the Nexium helps but only sometimes! The Nexium also has side affects such as stomach pain and diarrhea witch seems to be worse random times. My question is would Marijuana help my GERD? I have experimented with marijuana before and it seems to help but im no doctor and would like to look into getting a medical card if Marijuana would help with the GERD. If anyone has any information or personal advice i would greatly appreciate it.

2. #2 avnatanyel, Aug 25, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 25, 2011
    It has helped many others. I have something in that area but can't say what as I nnever had it diagnosed, but it has helped overall so long as I don't allow a late night munchies binge just before bed. But I haven't had day long acid reflux (I don't know if it really is thhat, it just burns all day with a lumpy feeling in my throat that expands when te burning increases)...since I started smoking I think....huh, cool. :) I've had it on and off since I was nine. Of course, I drink more water and less coffee now, so I ould be benefiting from that change or both. I drink more water and less coffee because of the weed though, so it still gets high marks.

Others will chime in with much more useful info. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.