Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Marijuana For Depression And Anxiety

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by Kush Zombie MEX, Nov 14, 2012.

When I first read this I thought I'd read, "Salvia pills" instead of Sativa.  I'm like, "How does she even function?"  LOL.....

Great post, and wow, I had never thought of that.  We are in a state which has no legal mj, medical or otherwise, so we're pretty screwed.  I basically have no choice and have to take what I can get, it's never the same, and it's definately hit or miss.  I think lately all I've gotten are indicas, because holy hell as soon as I'm done smoking I'm ready for bed.  

But what I do, is wake up, and give myself about 1/2 an hour to an hour, to see how I feel (I have a lot of pain too, I was in a car wreck years ago in which my head broke the windshield.)  If after my coffee and walking around a bit, I'm really hurting, or it every flippin thing is getting on my nerves, I will vape, but only a few hits. If I can't get past the funk, I'll vape, or smoke around noon.  And if I feel a major episode coming (deep depression) I'll get baked.  MOST days, I DON'T moke right when I get up, I might take a few puffs on my MFLB around the middle of the day, just to relax, then I smoke a bowl a couple of hours before bed.  Some days I go all day without anything (except bedtime.)

I used to not listen to myself, and try to get past dark clouds, but inevitably I'd fall into that black hole which would sometimes last for days.  I have recently begun to take better care of myself, and this includes knowing when I need to smoke or vape.  I've been where you describe beaniegrl420, on pharma, where I had a hard time feeling anything.  When my son was killed, I was on antidepressants, and with something that bad, I was able to mourn, and I lost it and at times didn't want to live anymore.  But I"m tellin' ya, 6 months later when I went off the antidepressants, it felt like I was losing my son all over again.  THEN I really mourned.  To this day it angers me that I had to go through losing him twice.  

2. #162 beaniegrl420, Aug 21, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 22, 2014

hahahaha, yeah, no. It didn't take long for me to get off the salvia train, or bus... as the experience really went (the wheels on the bus kept playing in my head, to make sense of that)

There is a way to help it! I just thought of it as I read your reply. Use essential oils to help guide the effects, essentially turning your indica into a hybrid! You can either use aromatherapy with, like, orange oil, for ten minutes before smoking. It will alter the way you receive the cannabinoids. Or if you need something further, a drop of oil on your feet can send the effects throughout your body, really heightening the effect. You don't want to overdo the oil or anything, but they will definitely interact together! 

I understand how not smoking isn't really an option, but this may be a way that helps you work it out until you get a good medicine. Key is, when you find that good medicine, record it! It will help when your state FINALLY gets legalized (it's gonna happen, we're making sure! I don't care if we need to convene a constitutional convention to do it!)

3. You're lying to yourself if you think MMJ helps depression. It can provide immediate, yet temporary, relief. I suffer from depression and have finally admitted that I need something else because I simply cannot smoke 24/7. I get bouts of depression that give me feelings that life is worthless and there is no point of living, which I have convinced myself to be true. This is not normal. Marijuana does help to make me not care about that fact, yet 2 hours later I will return to my normal state. Certain strains will make it worse, which makes cannabis a horrible treatment option for depression. I pity those who are still on the train, as I have hopped off and am seeking better treatment so I do not have to feel like this any longer. I know you will not be convinced otherwise and many will be "upset" with my opinion but know this: I don't fucking care. You will all die someday and all opinions don't matter in the end. Seek better, long term options. If I was high, I would not have posted this, sure. If you're high reading this, you won't care or remember this. So tell me, what's the point?

Sent from my LGL34C using Grasscity Forum mobile app

OMG that is so awesome.  I can't wait to try it!   Thank you!

5. Medical marijuana has shown promising results for treating the symptoms of depression and anxiety. Oral intake of THC may prove to be optimal since it has a longer duration of smoking without the potential complications. Few studies have shown excellent results for treating the depression and anxiety.

6. #166 beaniegrl420, Aug 22, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 22, 2014

CERTAIN strains make it worse, meaning CERTAIN strains make it better, meaning logic dictates that cannabis is still a viable option.

You're such a whiner! Look, I want you to get help, but berating those of use who have found help, or may still be looking because your idea of "better" options doesn't apply to everyone, doesn't do anyone good, and makes you SOUND like the depressed person you are. Those "better" options, had I continued, would have had me dead in a year. CBD must be used to help the neurological damage, but you also have to actually DO something with yourself in those two hours of relief. Is it permanent? No, but, to me, that's the point. I don't want to be permanently altered. I want help when I need it, and I want to know that I am strong enough all the other times. Im not here to NOT feel emotion, I just don't want to be overwhelmed by it. 

Good luck, you're gonna need it.

7. Beangirl, you're obviously still young. Those words were spoken by me in the exact same manner. I didn't want to alter my mind permanently but I can guarantee that you're going to seek a better option down the line, as depression is not normal brain function (which needs to be permanently changed). Like I said, I pity all of you who still think it is a viable medicine right now FOR DEPRESSION. It is possible that in the future, when it is legal, we will have a drug that can provide extended relief all day but right now it is not a practical drug. The fact you're becoming so defensive and resorting to calling me a "whiner" proves you use marijuana only recreational and know I'm right. I've spoken to multiple doctors and I'm not just providing my opinion based on nothing. I have over 2 years experience using it in a multitude of ways and will likely continue using it recreationally. The point is, you need medication that works. You're bound to not like certain ones, so find one that does work. Mmj is not a permanently viable option, your depression will only get worse over the years and you will find that out the hard way it seems. Unless of course you actually aren't depressed, you're lying to yourself as an excuse to smoke. All the possibilities are open!

Sent from my LGL34C using Grasscity Forum mobile app

8. get on the oil bro. smoking will not be enough for what you are needing. a good sativa oil taken in correct dose would knock your depression into the back end of your awareness.

9. #169 beaniegrl420, Aug 24, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 24, 2014
    Im seriously lmao right now at that dribble Joe. Tell me just how young I am again? It makes me feel good, seeing as Im not. 

Also, Ive been to DC lobbying for this stuff -for everyone (SAFE ACCESS!!), Ive shared my YEARS long story of MMJ with senators and assemblymen, and anyone else who will listen. I ain't stopping anytime soon. 

Again. good luck. 

but it doesn't sound like your "better' meds are helping you any more, crotchety old man!  

Cannabis is THE BEST cure for depression; it's changed my life in ways I never thought possible, and me educating myself was the most important part.  i learned how to make it work for me. If you want to give up, that's fine, but don't discourage others who can still impact their own lives.

(I don't think Joe is much of an autodidact)

He said he doesn't want to be altered. The only real cure is CBD rich, and sativa capsules on a regular basis (it appears he didn't try anything other than smoking though... so...) Edibles in medicinal dosages are so much more helpful than smoking, for breaking that depression cycle. 

11. well the bod uses what it has available (chemicals) to not be depressed so if adding cannabis chemicals to the bod for the bod to use means being altered then go figure. depression is the bod lacking the correct chemicals to keep from being depressed. the bod does not care where what it needs comes from it uses what is available as it should regardless....

12. Im pretty sure he means stoned, as opposed to medicated, but thanks for being pedantic about it. I was just repeating something he had said to me

13. From personal experience its really easy to get dependent as weed can mess with your neurotransmitters, really weeds pretty good for anxiety or depressive flare ups, it is definitely not a long term solution. Remember tk discuss this with your doc as he's the expert! That being said I recommend sativa heavy hybrids for quick pick-me-ups lol

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

14. I smoke on a daily basis for multiple reasons, but one of the biggest ways it helps me is to forget traumatic incidents that have happened in my past. I feel like it helps me to come to terms with these subjects and move on with my life and focus on the future. It helps me to see the good in depressing situations and helps me to stay calm and composed in times of stress.

Sent from my iPod touch using Grasscity Forum