Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Marijuana For Depression And Anxiety

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by Kush Zombie MEX, Nov 14, 2012.

1. #81 JoshTheBoss420, Jan 26, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 26, 2013
    I have been diagnosed with severe depression, bipolar and anxiety. Been on Setraline and Epillim and was taking 10 pills a day before I met the love of my life MJ. Since I started smoking bud I've been dosed down to 2 pills a day and soon I'm gonna be off of it completely! I used to be so suicidal and was scared to go off my pills cos I thought it would make me worse. In fact going off them slowly is helping me so much. Bud has so many medical properties. If much rather have a bit of memory loss and slower reactions than wanting to kill myself and OD every night. I recommend some sativas to anyone with depression and an indica to someone with anxiety. Currently I just smoke that good lemon haze and I'm so so happy. Gonna smoke a few j's tonight with my best buds and I'm finally realising life is worth living. I love weed. Sorry if that dragged out a bit :)
    Peace and love to all you blades out there.

2. Oh and just to add I have tried over 5 different anti depressants. Nothing worked. Me and weed just click. If you get what I mean. :)

3. Is there a certain strand that works best for these symptoms?

4. Anything with a high CBD percentage

5. Pills are man made. MJ is Mother Nature. Trust Mother Nature and she'll take care of you. I wouldn't say I am depressed, but definitely pretty sad frequently, and once I start hitting the bud, happiness overwhelms me :D
    Music helps a lot too

6. I'm using Marinol 20 mg/day for PTSD and it's working better than any other psych drug I've been prescribed. I'm extremely treatment-resistant and my doctor prescribed Marinol because MMJ isn't available in Ohio yet. The Marinol is helping both my nightmares and flashbacks and my PTSD is almost non-existent now. I've tried every SSRI, both the SNRI, 2 Tri-Cyclics, Remeron, Trazodone, and Viibryd and nothing has worked except for the Marinol. Marinol isn't doing too much for anxiety. It's helping depression slightly at times. I think the plant would work much better with the CBD in the plant.

7. It works. My whole life I've had issues with them, and I'd been put on countless prescription medications. While those things can be effective at combatting those feelings. I find that weed is more proactive and helps me find the underlying causes of these feelings.

8. Yeah, I ponder things feelings and thoughts more. I love the world whereas I hated it while not taking the Marinol. The pills do give a stoned feeling for me though.

9. Hey, if I buy these CBD capsules from DixieX (25 mg CBD per capsule) and take that with my THC Marinol pills, would I get an anti-anxiety benefit, most likely? About how many capsules of CBD would be necessary for anti-anxiety benefits since each is 25 mg? I can afford the capsules, just wondering if these DixieX pills are a waste of money or not. I know smoking the real thing is the ideal thing to do, but my living circumstances won't allow it right now. Thanks.

10. I may be wrong but I believe taking the CBD capsules will just make the marinol feel less like a sativa and more like an indica.

11. Thanks for the info. I may try it. Will one pill at a time be enough or will I need a 60 pill pack for a month supply? What's bizarre is that I used to get couch-locked when I first started the Marinol. Big time couch-lock. Tingly body feelings and closing my eyes would feel like I'm flying. I still get tingly feelings, warmth, and feel like a rollercoaster/flying feeling when I close my eyes. These Marinol capsules are strong stuff. I used to be suicidal and taking the Marinol made my suicidal thinking go completely away. Doctor is agreeing to keep me on Marinol. I have a nice progressive Psychiatrist in Ohio out of all places. I'm looking for a anti-anxiety benefit, so I may try these CBD capsules combined with the Marinol. Just don't know what dose I should start at? Any suggestions? 1 CBD capsule a day or 2 or more? 25 mg each. The Marinol makes me feel like I'm walking in a dream when it stones me hard and music sounds better and I notice details in music I would not have otherwise noted. Neat stuff! I think everyone should get stoned at least once in their life. It helps loosen myself up, so to speak, and love the world more. The world really isn't a bad place; just got to learn to find the good in the world around us. Thanks again. :)

12. Talked to someone at Dixie Botanicals and they claim the CBD capsules and tincture are great for anxiety. Person I talked to uses the tincture and has had success with it for her anxiety. I ordered both the tincture and 30 capsules. Will combine those with my Marinol THC 20 mg/day to see how that blend works. I have high hopes with this. Like I mentioned before, I would rather just vaporize or toke real stuff, but can't at the moment. The CBD is what is going to cost me a pretty penny, while I get the Marinol free some months and other months pay less than 20 dollars for 60 pills of the 10 mg orange ones. xD

13. #93 CHR0N1C, Jan 29, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 29, 2013
    yeah the best way to cope with anxiety/depression/other health problems is to eat super clean/healthy and exercise (most importantly a relationship with Christ our savior to give you wisdom,direction,peace,hope,love,forgiveness). start reading the Bible (King james version) and ask God for the Holy Spirit to come into your heart. no drugs will help. if you need the extra help, i would use cannabis only (dont smoke it though.. vaporize or make edibles). im glad you're on the right track.

14. This guy knows what's up!

15. Hi there I was wondering if you found out if ppl with bi polar and anxiety can get a perscription for it? Where can I go I live in alberta Canada?

16. This may be a bit of a weird view on cannabis and depression. Bud (pun intended) issn't it the same as drinking alcohol to feel "happy" and "relaxed"? I don't really have a strong view on using cannabis for depression and anxiety but maybe someone else has thought of this, and has an opinion?

17. Alcohol is a depressant, and while you may feel happy and relaxed for awhile, that turns into a depressive state soon enough, especially for those with preexisting depression.

18. Cannabis is also a sedative/depressant (my source is a textbook on substance abuse and dependency). And when people drink alcohol to maintain a "sedated" state, to numb pain (to counter a depression) or to be more social (against anxiety perhaps) I would say it works just the same as cannabis. But offcourse cannabis being better for your health, and day to day functioning.

19. Religious views are okay, but not for me. I have nothing against people practicing their religions peacefully, but I don't need an ancient book in order to feel happy. I'd rather treat others how I'd like to be treated and find the peace and good in people in the world around me. More of a spiritual approach for me. Modern science agrees that a chemical imbalance is the cause of anxiety and depression, so finding a drug to help, preferably natural, like Cannabis or using synthetic THC and CBD is for me. But whatever helps in terms of religion, then I say go for it. I just never could get into the religious stuff myself. I've taken Meteorology in University and realized quickly that science and religion don't mix, so I went for the science mindset. :) Peace to all...

20. Cannabis is certainly not a depressant, it may be a sedative (in certain strains), but that's just completely wrong. Some strains may keep you on your couch, but others (sativas) may make you want to run a mile. Cannabis is an important medicine in regulating the endocannabinoid system, which has to do with depression. Because most people lack the daily food requirements, or processes in the brain, or any other number of reasons, the right signals are not being set off in the brain. Cannabis can help with this, improving neuron growth and stimulus, and also providing more cannabinoids that set off those reactions in the first place, ones that your body creates itself, but often times doesn't have the means to.

Do not take everything in those books to be true, there is a lot of misinformation about cannabis in substance and abuse "information". It's much more similar to "propaganda".

Click on my signature for more information about the endocannabinoid system and the MANY disorders/conditions it alleviates or even cures.