Marijuana Farmer Wannabe

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by stillbored, Apr 6, 2012.

1. :hello: Greetings friends! :hello:

My name is D. This is my first grow! What started as something of a joke has turned into a hobby and growing passion of mine in the last month! I had a few bagseeds and always enjoyed botany so I figured it was my time to grow. I am a legal medical marijuana grower in WA state and plan on growing the best medicine I've ever had...

I originally germinated some baggers and was shocked and caught off guard when they actually sprouted. So I light up a big ol' JAY and smoked the night away as I read up on Mary Jane. The following day I quickly bought Fox Farms soil, x2 CFLs (not nearly enough light) and made a little grow hut out of a few craft items.

Then I realized I really enjoyed what I was doing and wanted to make the most of it! So I ordered up some things. I got myself a 400w MH and HPS set up, two grow tents, and various other necessary components to grow!

As of today, 4/6/12 the plants are 22 days old and far behind! Today was their first day of the grow tent and Fox Farms trio under the MH bulb.

I plan on buying some real seeds from a bank shortly but I wanted to start with baggers to learn what to do, and man was that a good idea... I've screwed up A LOT!

Anyway, here's the break down...

2 baggers in tent, 81 F 45% humidity, 18/6, Fox Farms Big Bloom and Grow Big, RO water, 400w MH, average 6.9 pH, and plenty more that I cannot remember! :smoke:

Anyway, I will be updating regularly with pics and problems from start(almost) to finish!

I will post all of my pics so far I've taken from oldest to newest pics.

2. The pics..

Attached Files:

3. Looking like an epic start if you keep at it, I have a feeling you will so I'll be watching.
    Remember Marijuana is not addictive growing it is! [​IMG]

4. Definitely will do my best. Especially since I ate most of my savings starting this. :eek:

Thanks, and yeah... Growing is way too exciting for how slow a plant actually takes to grow.

5. Yes but they are well worth the wait
    [​IMG]

6. lookin good, you might wanna think about transplanting them or atleast take out of thm pots and fill them to the top, i bet the roots are out the bottem of them now?

7. Yeah... I actually just put them both in 1 gallon buckets. I am worried that's not going to be enough :confused:

I've already transplanted the big one 2 times... Just did it a week ago.

Should I go buy a few 3 gallon buckets and transplant them ASAP?

8. Also, with the new set up I am running at 88F and 35% humidity and I don't have any way to lower the temp or increase the humidity as my humidifier is maxed out as well as my fans.

Is this an issue that I should address?

9. I was just discussing humidity with another blade and low humidty is fine its high humidity you have to avoid, also running at 88F is not good your buds will turn out fluffy and not very potent. This is why alot of indoor growers pack up over summer. If your at 88F now without doing anything in another 4-6 weeks when in flower you'll likely be damn near 100F

Get it cooler or move em outdoors just my 2 pennies though

10. Ah, okay. Well thanks for your input. I appreciate it!

Well, I am going to put a window A/C unit in the room then. See how it does.

11. It looks like the side of your light has an air vent that you can hook up tubing to, am I correct? You should run a can fan to move hot hair in one way and out the other, through the light.

Does the light have glass covering the bottom?

12. Nah... It's just a reflector with no glass or anything... Tomorrow I am going to put my A/C unit in and brace the window with some wood to deter thievery...

13. Wa doesnt get to hot summer temps average around 75 with maybe 2 weeks above 80 if were lucky...

Most houses dont have ac because its not really needed unless you live east of the mountains.

14. It shouldn't get too hot here. I am going to put the window A/C in today then I'll report back in on my results... Bottom line is the whole room is hot now!

15. Cool. Hopefully it works out for you.

16. I did some more research into this. At 90 F generally marijuana shuts down. Just stops growing, but if you get a c02 supplement and keep fans moving fresh air you'll be fine. So I am going to go buy another fan and c02 bag today as well.

17. I have some old c02 tanks for paintball...anything useful I can do with those?

18. No idea.

Generally people use a natural process that creates c02. Like yeast and vinegar or whatever.

I got my temps down to a consistent 86 F and 35% humidity. Going to get 3 gallon pots, more fans, and a c02 bag. Got my A/C in too now.

19. Thank you for the good info and link! Read up on it. Don't think I'll be getting them!

I will post up later about the grow tents temp when the A/C is running.