Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Marijuana Facts

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by bigtg, Dec 7, 2007.

1. Is there a site that tells all the real facts about marijuana, and not the bullshit Abovetheinfluence crap.... thanks

2. above the ignorance?

FACT: if you smoke marijuana you will go insane!

3. Abovetheignorance.com is a great site, also if you want a more scientific aproach check out erowid.com, they have way more then just facts about weed too. They cover it all

4. nice, thanks everyone :wave:

5. d00d the troof is that weed is the worst drug in the world and if u smokes it u wil diezor from overd0zingers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

srsly guys, im a scientest. i know my shits. i write for above the influence.

6. Funny shit. I'll I know for sure is that Delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol saved my life. Does MD have medical MJ?

7. Heh, man I wish.. You know we'd both have such bad glaucoma if they did.

But, if you get arrested in MD on posession charges, and you can show medical documentation that says other medications didn't work for you, it's pretty easy to get the charges dropped.

8. you can't trust just one site, it's just like with any research you've got to read the results of numerous studies to get a clear idea of what the real facts are. Any one study can result in overly positive or overly negative results simply due to errors in procedure, design flaws, research bias or even just bad luck. You've got to look for consistency.

The DEA is especially good at taking a single errant study and holding it up as proof of the dangers of marijuana. And with the money and resources it has at its disposal it has no problem pushing its message out through all of society. Even when the researchers themselves later acknowledge that their findings were flawed the DEA will continue to use their study to support its misguided policy.

The main problem in this is the overwhelming imbalance in opportunity between us and the DEA to get a message out to the general public. When you think about it, how do we tell three hundred million people that marijuana is safe? How do we get our message out there so they will hear it, understand it, and support it? How do we create the public support we need to bring about the end of the prohibition?