Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Marijuana facts/pro-marijuana points forthose of us living with a anti-marijuana

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by igotthatsalad, Jan 12, 2009.

1. Okay this is a thread meant for users living with their parents/a non-smoker. You may post any good facts/pro-marijuana points for making a good arguement as to why you should be able to smoke marijuana with out there bitchin. Please DO NOT post anything about or referring to any other substance.

What ya waitin for make a point?!

2. before you throw facts at them you need to ask them, "why do you think marijuana is bad/harmful?"

3. ah... Some parent's just can't be swayed, regardless of what facts you throw at them. When it comes down to it, it's still illegal and your parents are just looking out for you.

Now if you live with someone who doesn't like it, there's no need to try and persuade them otherwise. Do you like it when people try to persuade you it's bad just because they don't like it or they're just ignorant? If not, why would you try to convince a non-smoker why it's good?

Hopefully if you live with a non-smoker they don't mind that you do, and if they do, well, live with somebody else. Tokers still have to be considerate to others.

When it boils down to it, live and let live.

4. I told my dad all the facts and disproved every possible notion he could have about marijuana and he still doesn't want to believe me, the only thing he says is well it's illegal, I even explained that to him beforehand because I knew he was going to say that, he didn't care, let me just say this a substance being illegal has no implication of how harmful it is, look at the tobacco industry if the government didn't make such a shitload of money of tobacco I guarantee you it would be illegal, and for good reason, just look at the facts, deaths from weed every year=0, tobacco is in like the 300,000 I think, it's ridiculous. The government even knew that THC kills a variety of cancer cells in the 70's for god's sake, did they care to make that known so that it could heal many people? NO. If anyone here has parents or loved ones who died from some type of cancer or other disease that marijuana can heal in the past 20 years, the government essentially aided in the slow, painful death of that person.

5. well the same thing is going down with me. Just That when i parents found out i smoked weed. they were totally tripping about it. and i never tried to explain them what its really like to somke weed. so i fucked up.:smoke:

6. ive done the same thing - layed out all the facts and info i researched before even trying it - KNOWLEDGE IS POWER in this case, even though at some time "ignorance is bliss" - which is only on the table when referring to the parent's ignorance.

Its amazing that when u boil it down, one guy's (marijuana's McCarthy) crusade against weed in the 40s/50s with unproven facts and allegations and horror stories of using it - still are the keys to people's "fears".