Marijuana essay

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by 20000678, Nov 24, 2010.

1. Arizona voters pass medical marijuana use

Thelma Grimes/San Pedro Valley News-Sun

After early ballots were counted, Proposition 203, which makes medical marijuana legal in Arizona, passed by a narrow margin.

The Arizona Secretary of State said the measure passed with 841,346 votes in favor and 837,005 against.

The Arizona Department of Health (ADH) said a lengthy process to get the program under way will begin, and applications won't be accepted until at least mid-April.

Proposition 203 will enable a qualifying patient, who is registered with ADH, to legally obtain an allowable amount of marijuana from a nonprofit medical marijuana dispensary and possess and use the marijuana to treat or alleviate symptoms associated with a debilitating medical condition.

Once the election is certified, ADH will adopt and enforce a regulatory system for the distribution of marijuana for medical use. This system must include a method for approving, renewing, and revoking the registration of qualifying patients, designated caregivers, nonprofit dispensaries, and dispensary agents.

ADH will begin receiving informal public comments on draft rules in mid-December and then more public comment on a revised draft of the rules in mid-February.

In April of next year, ADH expects to begin to accept applications for registry identification cards and for dispensary certificates.

The passage of Prop. 203 will not become official until the votes are canvassed on Nov. 29.

It's a subject that has less to do with rationality and more to do with lies, propaganda, and plain stubbornness. No I'm not talking about congress, I'm talking of course (assuming you've already read the article) about Medical Marijuana. I was at one time very anti pot. But during my sophomore year in high school I went through a big change, no I didn't inhale. I became a libertarian. This was caused by a general mistrust of adults, and the realization that adults were just as stupid and clueless as everybody else. Now that's a bold statement to make, but it was instilled in me when I realized how much I was being lied to. It really hurt and eventually I stopped believing in god, how can I trust someone or a society that collectively lies to their children. It isn't just marijuana that's a lie, it's what they tell you to make you not do it, and it backfires. What about this article do I disagree with exactly? I consider any laws regarding anything that isn't a direct harm to others a strong violation of not only the constitution but human rights itself. It's not only wrong to be illegal in the first place, but to have so many people vote no on something that includes medicine legalization, not recreation legalization, a crime on the human soul and a disservice to human intelligence. The other day I was in a pub listening to some old men talk about evil marijuana as they sipped on some beer. The hypocrisy in their words was mind boggling. At least with age I expect people to realize irony, but to hear these men made me realize the old paradigm experiment. A group of five monkeys were put in a cage, on top of the cage was a banana. The first monkey went to grab the banana, and everyone got hosed. Soon the second monkey went to get a banana and all monkeys got hosed. Now the two banana hungry chimps were replaced with two new monkeys who immediately went for the banana. They got beat up. The original three were replaced so now none of the originals remained. But no matter how many generations passed, all chimps were beat up for trying to grab the banana. This is an example of paradigm, people will tend to continue the same heuristic as its predecessors without knowing why. The same goes for morals, driving, social taboo, and of course evil marijuana. Just because something isn't appreciated by an individual doesn't mean their will can be enforced upon another. People really do need medical marijuana, albeit a slim percentage of society, but illegality keeps them from pursuing life, liberty, and pursuit of happiness. Thomas Jefferson once said “If a law is unjust, you are not only right to disobey it, you are obligated to do so.” Wiser words were never uttered before or since, and no cop, no politician, and no human in general can ever take away what is medicine.

2. Sure thing, Tommy, because as we all know the way to right a wrong is to do more wrong! Disobey if you must, but don't neglect to work toward changing the law or else you accomplish nothing but placing yourself at risk to the authorities needlessly.

3. See that's the problem, medical marijuana if neccesary to live is a worthwhile crime. Now since you didn't understand that it was medical marijuana in the essay not recreational as I stated, let me tell ya something Tommy. It's not a wrong, it's mearly your perception that makes weed a wrong or that disobeying a clearly wrong law a wrong. Now, the founding fathers of this nation knew that what they were doing was against the law, and if they were beaten by the British, they would surely die. Now was saying fuck you ya limey bastard a wrong, far from it, it was an assertion that they would not take crap from some fatass half a world away. Now I don't believe anything you say as making sense or if you even read the essay, but if something is wrong it's not a law, but an injustice. And the will to live is greater a drive than the will to be arrested so, seizures and pain, or prison and seizures + pain.:rolleyes:

4. You lost me here where you show me that you thought I was talking to you and not the fella you quoted (whose name is Thomas!) and you thought it was some kind of insult you felt the need to return. You've also made the assumption that I did not read the text of your article or understand it, which was also a mistake that was extremely avoidable on your part.

I'll get to the point, so as to not shit up your thread further with your pointless confrontations:

If you never follow the rules, no one is going to listen to you when you suggest new rules or changes in the rules. I suspect Jefferson might be quoted out of context, but if he wasn't, it was he who I disagreed with. I can excuse that, since he knew what it was like to deal with a monarch whereas we elect the people who make our laws. HE did not have any other avenue for change except disobedience and revolution, whereas any one of us who is dissatisfied with the rules we are supposed to live by can run for office and try to make a change.

If all you ever do is disobey the law, then all you will ever be is a criminal. It has to go above and beyond civil disobedience.

Peace.

5. I thought you were calling me Tommy (it came off to me sortof weird to be honest), and next time just use Thomas jeffersons quote, not a full sentence of mine afterward, it makes it sound like you were criticizing my use of the quote. Plus the clarification helps for future reference.