Marijuana doesn't harm lung function, study found

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by DaWood, Jan 11, 2012.

1. Been smoking for 4 almost 5 years now and still haven't noticed any effects on my lungs.

2. [quote name='"Tf2lucid"']Been smoking for 4 almost 5 years now and still haven't noticed any effects on my lungs.[/quote]

Have you timed your mile recently? Not that I don't believe it, personally I've been toking for oh three years now and can still run my mile pretty quickly though it's a little slower than when I was in high-school.

3. Once again NIDA has tried to prove the dangers of marijuana use and their effort backfired.

:)

4. Is this the same NIDA that would have been working hand in hand with the DEA and the U of Missouri all these years researching it? Obtaining patents for it? Now licensing corporate partners? They have to undo *some* of the reefer madness so that people won't be scared to take safe pharmaceutically-approved cannabis meds from their doctors in a couple years' time is all... :cool:;)

This is all just paving the way.

5. Your post reads like a prohibitionist study, I'm afraid.
    Aging process? Weight gain? Other variables? Drink any beer in that time? :cool:;) Cannabis= decreased lung function and slower "mile" times?
    Faulty logic.

6. and the sky is blue

7. I especially liked that Maria posted links in the article to other studies that proved that the harms from marijuana mantras that are always spewing from prohibitionists lips are nothing but fear mongering propaganda.

Science has proven that every claim the drug czar used in his response to our petition was false and his playbook is getting thin. The only claim made that marijuana is a dangerous drug that has not been rebutted is that he believes marijuana is a dangerous drug.

Perhaps one of his buddies(if he has any)can post a pic of him hitting a bong to disprove that also.....on second thought,don't,it could cause weak minded prohibitionist to have ptsd.

8. Now I try not to be that weeds harmless guy but goddamn the more we find out about weed it seems the more harmless it really is.

9. I agree with this study,I smoked pot over 15 years and never had any lung probs,and did not smoke cigarettes either...a few years ago,I picked up the cig habit and notice short of breath over time.,plus coughing up clear crap....weed should be legal and cigs banned for real...btw,I dont smoke weed anymore either.So I do know the difference between smoking both,and Not at the same time/years.
    Altho,I do love to grow!

10. Running a mile a "little slower" doesn't mean it was MJ.

In highschool they make sure they condition you before you run it.

Thats why you always run a lot, do a lot of activitys before you run the mile, and they give you a heads up. Its not like your just going out and running the mile with no conditioning.

But i heard licorice is suppose to help the lungs, but dont know if thats true.

11. My god those comments are horrible fucking yahoo should ban comments I hate the dumbass on there I swear I read liberal hippy shit 20 times in the comments.

12. the first sentence will make ignorant people close the page

13. Chances are most people against MJ ... Like the people that create the laws in your state will either never see this story or will simply ignore it.

I don't care if you are not old enough to vote yet.. but everyone on this site should forward this article to both their state and federal representatives with the subject line: "Would the Journal of the American Medical Association risk its reputation by publishing something that isn't true?"

Go on the NORML website and get your reps contact info TODAY!!

(For those of you who don't believe this works...look at the states that have decriminalized MJ and or legalized medical MJ !!)

14. Haha I knew it..anti-drug people didn't believe me though. Love being right :D

15. This was on the radio when my mom was in the car with me and she was all like this is biased, people didn't even smoke nearly as much as tobacco smokers.

So I printed the actual article. Thinking of handing it to her and being all like "Told ya so!"