Marijuana Documentery Being Filmed In India, Jamaica, America, and Canada!

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by WHITEGHOST0615, Mar 10, 2010.

1. I will be putting together a project that i hope to change the world with. It may be a long shot, but I'm willing to try for something i believe in. This project has no name, and no message....yet! Before i talk about the video, I want to talk about my image i see for it.

I found myself very attracted to the Sadhus of India, after i learned that they smoke pot as a religious act. They're country has kept marijuana legal for 30,000 years, solely to honor one or many of their gods.

This brought me to the idea that i wanted to explore these people, their feelings, hopes, dreams, i wanted to hear the wisdom. i wanted to follow their teachings, it felt important. Why could they feel so blissful, look so unhealthy, live to their ninety's, smoke pot, and be honored by the common citizens as saints.

This is when I decided I wanted to film a documentary. I want to spread the word about the uses these people have for marijuana. I then came to realize, I wouldn't have a movie, with just the Sadhus as my one subject, so now, I have added the Rastafarians of Jamaica, The Native Americans, and any surviving hippies here in america.

I want to find people who can speak for their people about their beliefs in marijuana, I want interview Bob Marley's starting partners, I want to interview Sadhus, I want to interview as many people I can who can give me information about their cultures. Of course they should be properly accredited, and willing to participate. My Problem, Money and Time.

My Deadline is not important, and I'm only posting this in the news threads because I didn't want to make this about the movie, I want this to be about facts, things that are sited something I can look up for myself. I'm extremely eager to get any and all advice on this subject and any references. I'm completely obsessed with this idea, and I want to find people, locations, anything that can help me along the way to knowing my topic better.

P.S.- If I did not post enough info about my objective, please say so and I will elaborate
    :hello:

2. #2 Karan, Mar 10, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 10, 2010
    Sounds awesome. Has this ever been done before? The history of marijuana around the world?

Id like to point out though that Marijuana is still illegal in India, though the sadhus smoke it and the police never bother them. What IS legal is Bhang, which is basically a preparation of Marijuana and milk and is consumed by a great deal of people apart from sadhus.
    Bhang - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Well, im not sure if you knew that already or not, just throwing it out there. :D
    Im pretty sure I could give you some accurate Information about India if you need any. Once again,great job :hello:

3. Sounds good i'll surely buy it so i can get really toasted and watch it :hello:

4. A very interesting and overwhelming project to tackle but yet it seems very possible (besides the $$$ issue ) but wont you need a video crew and ect... Hope this project for you gets up and running.

5. Marijuana is illegal in India, as the guy above said, but the Sadhus smoke it during Holi and Vaisakhi, two Hindu holidays, as a purifier and to honor Shiva. Also, i would suggest going to China, where marijuana has been used for over 4,000 years as medicine, until recently it became taboo, thanks to the United Nations and their stupid American influence, who have made the plant illegal in every United Nation participant. [FONT=&quot][/FONT]

6. Ya i will need someone to help, but i figured id pick ppl up along the way. i already work with a guy who is a audio/video major, so he said hes all in, i'm hopeing to get more volunteers that can bring something new to the table.

7. I think a good addition to the video would be to speak with some historians about how prohibition first began in the west.

There was the gin craze, which was a good example of prohibition as well.

But the western addiction to marijuana prohibition actually started in India because the british were trying to find new ways to control the Indians and to extract more wealth from their produce.

The data used to demonize it in Britain included a lot of faulty police reports and general racism on the part of the Britains.
    For example, they catch a guy who knocked over a vendor stand while beating his wife. "Suspect knocked over vendor stand, apprehended in village where Bhang is produced." Therefore Bhang becomes bad.

Prohibition is and always has been about money and control.