Marijuana Discrimination

Discussion in 'General' started by StonewallJacksoned, May 26, 2015.

1. Today I received a call from my grandmother informing me that my dad was in jail and arested for public intoxication of alcohol, let me tell you why.
    My dad has had severe back pain for 25 years and all his life abused alcohol as a way to stop this pain as well as depression. After convincing him to get his card he has been sober and only takes a hit or two a day amd maybe an edible. He was able to get a factory job and had been working great for four months but he was drug tested and dropped dirty for thc. He showed them his card immediatley and no matter what he said they made him leave and fired him on the spot. The trauma drove him back to alcohol and he ruined himself again.

He only has himself to blame for his choices but it pisses me off that he is fired for his use of his legal mediation. Has this every happened to you?

2. I'm split on this but in end, depending on state's rights, a boss should be able to fire anyone he wants. I'm guessing it has to do with policy and liability shit. I'm not saying it's fair for your pops but it is the employer's right. I don't know business law but free market is free market. I empathize both sides of this. I'm sorry he's back on the bottle.

3. Apreciate it, just sucks that the one thing that he wants is something that his job inhibits him from having

4. I don't suppose you could convince him to fake it? synthetic urine and a fake dick go a long way. Most places don't spring up a drug test after the initial one or after your probation period unless you give them reason to be suspicious. Drug tests cost money.