Marijuana decriminalization is the next hot-button social issue moving through the st

Discussion in 'General' started by amsterdamage, Mar 30, 2008.

1. Interesting article!

Sounds like Mr Walsh needs like a million letters sent to him telling him why the marijuana prohibition needs to be repealed!! :mad:

• Like Like x 1
  2. I know, that really sucks, I hate to see people against the decriminilization or legalization of marijuana. They just... don't know.

3. What we need to do is hotbox the boiler room or where the AC unit is and get a bunch of smoke into the ventilation of one of these senate or congressional hearings. Get all the old farts feelin good, then see what happens hehe

• Like Like x 1
  4. Mr. Walsh dont care because there's not enough of the voting population that cares.

<TABLE cellPadding=5 width="100%" border=1><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=center align=middle bgColor=#008000>In Brief</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top>

• [*]In 2000, among the 1.5 million adult (18 or older) substance abuse admissions, 154,400 were admitted as primary marijuana abusers
      [*]A majority of these adult marijuana admissions were White (54 percent), followed by Black (30 percent)
      [*]Adult marijuana admissions by sex and age were largely similar across racial/ethnic categories, with higher rates for males and for the youngest age category, 18 to 24 year olds
    </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Votes and money are all politicians care about. Basically there's not a big enough lobby for decriminalization. The drug companies that want it to remain illegal, have far more money and influence than the pro-legalization groups.

As of now the politicians will say they want it legalized, but in reality they could care less, like Mr. Walsh

5. That's why we have to get nonusers to see the difference between marijuana, which they
    have no interest in, and the marijuana prohibition which is harming them and all of society.

6. I agree, Think of the tax dollars that would be freed up, even if it was untaxed the money it would free up in the prison system alone is astronomical! Let alone law enforcement.

Then again we could just convince more of the voting public to just start smoking!

[​IMG]

7. who is that guy?

i would be thrilled if decriminilzation came about..id be fine with that rather than legalization..but if legalization was the topic..defintely support it

8. idk, photobucketguy!

9. haha..i was hoping it was you..

10. Oh fuck no! lol

11. Oh man. i was like..buddha wears terrible sweaters!!! haha