Marijuana cured my depression.

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Kronologick, Oct 16, 2010.

1. Not through the plant itself, but through the ways it made me think.

My whole family goes through depression, they're all so fucked up and screwed emotionally. I love them though, obviously. Most of my family takes medication, anti-depressants. I always had a "marijuana attitude" about pharms so I never went down that road, although I would deal with depression quite often. I was always pissed off about being depressed, I thought of myself as a pussy and selfish. I have so much, little stress, yet I had that urge to just lay in bed all day depressed as fuck. The worst part of it is, it wasn't like I was depressed because of something going on, it was basically this sensation of being scared of something that COULD happen, yet I had no idea what it was.

This was all until I started smoking marijuana. I haven't been depressed since I picked up my first bag of marijuana a year ago today, where I use to be depressed 4/5 times a week.

It's the mixture of music and marijuana for me, you start to realize that life isn't really how it was explained to you. Growing up the American dream is fine, but you dont have to. You don't have to have a wife, kids, and a full-time job you dont enjoy. If you REALLY wanted to be a lazy cunt, smoke marijuana all day and live in a run down apartment.. thats fine, as long as you're happy. I live in my own house and work full-time, because that makes me happy, but I do realize that if I wasn't happy I would stop and go a differnt route.

I don't even know where I'm going with this thread

but...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ea1LJYWDepE]YouTube - Kid A - Radiohead (perfect audio)[/ame]

Everything in life becomes a memory, right? You're living in a memory right now. You could fuck up hard and trigger other things, in 2 days it'll be a memory, in 5 years itll be a good story. We're alive for such a short span of time and dead for enternity, yet we still bust balls over some of the most ridiculous shit in the world. Drive around town at 6 in the morning when everything is closed. Think of that scene in 5-10 years when things actually do start closing. Everything that happened in that era is a memory, maybe a bad time, maybe a good time, but why does it matter anymore? It's scary to think that things happen, then they're gone and they're just a picture in your head.. life is gonna be like that, then you're dead.. holyy fuck

2. Right that is a very profound thing that you say there.

I find that the social context of drugs, having to deal with the nature of our present time here on Earth, is very powerful in of itself, and that the ability for the drugs to provide you with energy, takes it to a whole another level.

3. i agree man ive tried anti depressents and if anything they made me worse then i met marijuana totally changed everything in my mind it actually gave me motivation and hope but without it im a depressed wreck living without marijuana is pure hell for me. i think society is so messed up and has actually messed up the whole view on marijuana and its amazing effects to help people such as myself

4. Yes!

I could stop smoking now and the lasting effects would help me live a happy live, where as if I had never got high, I probably wouldn't view life through the same perspective that marijuana allowed me to see.

5. I can't be cured as I have been diagnosed with ASPD.. But I can relate, weed has made life more tolerable. I don't self-loath on a daily basis anymore.

6. Right on, sorry to hear about that though bro. Good luck with that! :(

I don't self-medicate or even use marijuana on a daily basis, I just found the thoughts I have had when stoned have made my life a lot better.

7. Not gonna lie, I take meds for the same reason and I wouldn't say that I am "cured" from depression but smoking a joint and thinking things through has definitely saved my life a couple times.

8. If you have to, you have to, its as simple as that. I was at that stage where I didn't want to, but felt I needed to, so I didn't. I am lucky I started smoking marijuana or I would still be dealing with those problems.

9. #9 OhMyKush, Oct 17, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 17, 2010
    Marijuana has helped tremendously with my deperession. Smoking let me gain a whole new perspective on life. Instead of being pessimistic about everything, smoking made me see the beauty in things. I went through abosolute HELL for a year, and I honestly dont know where I would be now if I would have never started smoking. Its a miracle plant.

You have no idea how much this freaks me out. They are just pictures in your head, yet somehow you always remember them. They seem like they could slip away so easily, but they dont. It scares me.

10. I'm usually a pretty passive level person, but when things go to shit for me, they go to shit. And I can only see life through an unbearable perspective. And those nights where I think about waking up the next morning to face a next day of of unprecedented bullshit the idea of waking n baking gives me the motivation to wake up and face the day. And to tell you the truth there are some days I would flip shit on everyone and just say fuck if I wasn't high, it just makes everything that much more tolerable for me. Real talk. Good vibes for everyone in this thread.

11. dont mask yourself

12. I'm a happier person because I smoke weed. Some days I won't be feeling great, and smoking helps me to analyze my problems so I can potentially think them through in a relaxed state of mind.

I was going to start taking antidepressants but now? No way.

13. Thats so good to hear! The only problem is, using marijuana to deal with depression is just masking the problem. When you don't have it, you're still gonna be depressed. I'm trying to battle my depression naturally and then use marijuana as a helpful sidekick. It's great that it has helped you though!

14. life isn't a memory, everything that is and ever will be is happening right NOW
    time is an illusion

15. can you expand on that? I get the general concept that time does not exist-- but why?

16. Hahahaha I had an anxiety attack, now I'm alright, hahaha :smoke: