Marijuana Cultivator Novice, My First Grow Ft Blueberry Sleestack

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by Keeper of Time, May 22, 2013.

1. Hello Grasscity, I have some questions for you! My plants just hit their thirty day mark and I'm looking for some opinions to see if I'm on the right track.

Some of the top leaves on a few of the plants have some burn marks on them, does it look as though they'll remain healthy despite their scorching?

Also, my plants seem a little squat and small when I compare to other grows around the same mark as mine. Should I top them now or wait for more growth?

And, one more question, is it the right time to take some cuttings?

Hahahaha, I'm just full of curiosity. I'm loving the experience and I don't think I'll ever stop. :)

Attached Files:

2. I forgot to provide some background on my grow room setup. Running just one T5, 4ft, 6bulbs, with 64k bulbs. I have plans on picking up some 32k bulbs for vegging and then flowering under a 1000watt HPS (which a friend is letting me use, i just need to get money for the digital ballast...). So I don't exactly have my ideal conditions met quite yet. I built an enclosure in my garage that's about 10ft x 10ft, and I just installed an AC unit into one of the walls to combat high heat. It's been working well, but I am worried about running up the electric bill. Currently my light hangs about four inches above the head of the plants, moved up from 2inches after I saw some scorch marks appear (and man did they come quickly!).

For my soil I mixed up an organic batch with the help of Ganga Girls post, with a few modifications due to product avaliability in the area. Soil was sitting for a month prior to the transplant into the three gallon pots.

3. #3 Keeper of Time, Jun 17, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2013
    Some photo updates. They're moving to a 12/12 light schedule as of tonight. Accidently ran the lights at 15/9 for a week, being a dumbass. Didn't seem to do any harm, they grew like weeds during that point! So, now it's time to truely put them into flowering, :p

Watered with some simple teas the past three waterings. First time with a mix of Neem oil, Kelp meal, Cottonseed and Alfalfa, and also a soil topping of bone meal. Second two with Kelp and Alfalfa.

Pictures were taken with my android phone, so I apologize for the terrible quality.

2013-06-16_21-34-47_30.jpg 2013-06-16_21-33-47_355.jpg 2013-06-16_21-34-01_980.jpg 2013-06-16_21-34-25_292.jpg 2013-06-16_21-34-31_455.jpg 2013-06-16_21-34-36_596.jpg

4. Starting to flower, looking like it may form some beautiful buds

Attached Files:

5. This topic should've went in the organic grow journal subforum, but I'll just let it go

6. update

Attached Files: