Marijuana cultivation opening eyes to horticulture....

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by chiefMOJOrisin, May 22, 2007.

1. I've always been interested in plants and their natural cycles... to a point. When I'm in my growroom working on my weed plants I get a sense of peace I don't get anywhere else. I feel connected to the plants... I realize that we are made of the same things and are both cosmic beings.

Since I've been growing marijuana, I've become sooo much more enamoured with all aspects of horticulture. It amazes me how a plant can go from either a tiny seed or bulb into a beautiful, living being. I often take pictures of my lillies in their early stages and compare them with their final product. Where does it all come from?? I know where, but its crazy how plants have evolved into such intricate organisms.

The basis for this thread is to ask if anyone has taken a bigger interest in plants (other than mj) after they've grown pot. Or vice versa. If so, what genre of plants? Veggies, fruits, orchids, tulips, hostas, bushes, trees, all annuals or perenialls <-(spelling), or any thing else?

If you have an experience with a certain plant, or just a soft spot for a certain flower.. I'd love to hear it. I'm always looking for flowers i don't know of so I can learn about them and possibly grow them in my own garden.

Right now I'm big on lillies. I have a 3x7' bed of ONLY lillies. There are over 10 different types. Not including the 4 different types of dwarf lillies. I also LOVE fushia and hydrangeas. I live in CT, USA so some tropical plants don't thrive outside.... so they live in my growroom:cool:.

pics would be great too

-cmr-

2. My family has always been into gardening. I think its really cool to grow your own produce, and the stuff you grow will be 10 times better than anything you buy at the grocery.

3. o absolutly. When growing your own produce you have the power to take care of them the way you wish. Producing food to your liking.

I tried growing strawberries last year.... what i found out AFTER i planted them is that the first years harvest is weak. If anything at all. I can't wait to eat them juicy strawberries this year!

A lot of plants are like that. Not even just food producing plants. I had a lilac bush for 2 years before it bloomed more than 2 flowers.... once it got going it was much bigger than I'd planned for

4. Yeah we tried strawberries once, but all those damn bunnies ate the shit out of them. I think tomatoes are the best thing you can homegrow. The flavor isnt even comparable to supermarket bought tomatoes.

5. i'm not a big fan of tomatoes..... i've grown them, but i don't like to eat them so i gave them to my family.

for bunnies i have a 12" tall mesh fencing going all around my beds and curled inward so they can't really jump over. if they reeealy wanted to they could.... theres easier food around though. the thing that ruins my shit every year is deer. they chomp a tulip half way down the stem. and dig up roots and put hoof prints in my newly planted grass areas. i hear a mixture of some kind of spicy pepper and soap keeps them away.... but it sounds too dumb to work.

6. Rifle works better, and more exciting.

I used to be interested in growing plants from a young age. I would grab some pinto beans and grow my own farm as a kid. I've always had a greenthumb, but too paranoid to grow bud, not worth the risk IMO. But I would like to have a large backyard one day and grow a bunch of cool plants, kinda like a tropical forrest.