Marijuana coming to a drug store near you, maybe?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by HankMoody, Jan 23, 2012.

1. YAY right?

Wrong..

The catch is...in pill form and made by the pharmaceutical companies! :mad:
    What the fuck...they really hate the plant Marijuana for some reason...:confused:
    Maybe its because it would be hard to profit off of! Fuck you Pharma companies.

Sativex, Pot-Based Prescription Drug, Seeks FDA Approval

" AN FRANCISCO — A quarter-century after the U.S. Food and Drug Administration approved the first prescription drugs based on the main psychoactive ingredient in marijuana, additional medicines derived from or inspired by the cannabis plant itself could soon be making their way to pharmacy shelves, according to drug companies, small biotech firms and university scientists.

A British company, GW Pharma, is in advanced clinical trials for the world's first pharmaceutical developed from raw marijuana instead of synthetic equivalents_ a mouth spray it hopes to market in the U.S. as a treatment for cancer pain. And it hopes to see FDA approval by the end of 2013.

Sativex contains marijuana's two best known components – delta 9-THC and cannabidiol – and already has been approved in Canada, New Zealand and eight European countries for a different usage, relieving muscle spasms associated with multiple sclerosis."

2. they've already made it, it is called Marinol.

3. Aren't you an Obama supporter? You should be all for controlling every aspect of people's lives.

4. Dont speak that name around me...:mad:

President Obama and I are not on speaking terms at the moment.

5. Sativex has been for a little while now. I believe it's a spray. It contains everything marijuana contains.

6. hank why you gotta be so moody?:)

7. So if you can get some, just spray it in for your fix. No smoke smell no fuss! Im probably wrong. :p

8. so according to the FDA, weed has no medicinal value and is dangerous...

so they go out and make a weed pill??

9. At first I was like :D, then I was like :(

10. a weed pill that synthesizes thc alone, which gets a decent percentage of marinol users violently sick.

11. Sativex is a full cannabis extract complete with terpenes.

this is bad because its just the next step in Big pharma taking over the cannabis industry.

hence the raids last year, may see another round like that again this year.

they're trying to push everyone out of dispensaries and into pharmacies.

Just Big Pharma being as Big as it can be

12. I love it, but hate it.

I love the fact they are putting weed into pill form for sick ppl. It makes it really easy to destroy arguments of Marijuana having no medical value.

I hate the fact that they will say marijuana has no medical value and yet they allow big pharma to test, experiment, and make pills out of it.

13. Could it be that the FDA is bought and paid for by the pharma. lobbyists? Nah, that would never happen. Government agencies only exist to make our lives better.

14. I honeslty wouldnt even worry about it. Sativex/Marinol works for such a slim number of people and i garuntee those people are still partaking in medicinal pot to take care of there pains and whatnot.

15. Sativex is a full cannabis extract complete with terpenes.

It's not like marinol. Sativex isn't even synthetic. Gw pharmaceuticals has large cannabis facilities for harvesting and extracting the real phytocannabinoids.

It tastes like shit Ive heard but it's effective medicine.