Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Marijuana Causing Acne?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by SmokinEndo, Apr 19, 2012.

1. Sup GC, so I'm starting to think that smoking Marijuana causes acne, I never really had much acne in my life, and since I started smoking pretty much everyday I have gotten acne. I took like a 2 week tolerance break once and didn't really have any acne. I started smoking again and got acne frequently. BUT here the thing, I have some friends that smoke but have PERFECT skin. Some people say it DOES cause acne and some people say it DOESN'T.

So GC i want your opinion or answer. Does it or does it not cause acne? Thanks GC and stay tokin' :smoke:

2. I've smoked almost everyday for three years and never get a pimple except when camping.

Could be puberty? :smoke:

3. #3 ruh roh, Apr 19, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 19, 2012
    I'm 25 now, I don't really get too much acne nowadays...but when I smoked in highschool and shit it did give me more acne. I could tell, bc when I stopped the acne went away, then started smoking again and it got worse.

So I would say yea, smoking weed could induce acne in some people. In your case it sounds like it could be possible.

4. Probably more from the shit food you eat when you have the munchies

5. Just be careful of what you are doing when you're high. You tend to get greasy foods on your face and you might be touching your face without realizing it. Also keep up with hygiene. Don't get lazy. I noticed my acne got worse not from smoking but from smoking and being careless. So I guess indirectly?

6. Atm I have a decently thick beard, so I can't say.

But even when I go clean shaven (every couple of months) I don't have any acne, and I'm a consistent smoker. It varies by person, you may just be more susceptible to breakouts, and I don't mean that as a personal jab at you.

7. Yeah, try to stay away from fast food and all that nasty shit.. Its not necessarily the cannabis, but rather the smoke. Try blowing away from your face and not eating processed nasty bullshitty crappy fatty food.

8. yer ur possibly getting acne from the types of food u eat when u have the munchies

9. hahaha the smoke isnt giving you acne...but everyones right about the food, we literally are what we eat...just cuz you have the munchies doesnt mean you need a whole pizza hut family meal deal to yourself...

i always have munchies stocked at my apt, but its stuff that i wouldnt feel bad about over-indulging in....fruit tastes so bomb when youre high, plus it gets rid of cottonmouth

10. are you washing your face as much as you did before weed

11. [quote name='"sk8njam"']

hahaha the smoke isnt giving you acne...but everyones right about the food, we literally are what we eat...just cuz you have the munchies doesnt mean you need a whole pizza hut family meal deal to yourself...

i always have munchies stocked at my apt, but its stuff that i wouldnt feel bad about over-indulging in....fruit tastes so bomb when youre high, plus it gets rid of cottonmouth[/quote]

How couldnt it? It could be a combo of what you eat, the smoke, touching your face with dirty smoke fingers, oh and PUBERTY

12. 28 here, and weed smoke causing my acne certainly has crossed my mind. I'd honestly be surprised if it wasn't the cause. I agree that it could possibly be indirectly, food/behavior, but considering I eat pretty decently am not in the middle of puberty and have at least average hygiene I doubt that's my case. 90% of it is on my back, so the thought that smoke itself effects it seems off to me but everyone's body is different.

13. When I first started I got some acne, but as I became a frequent stoner the acne went away, but also the mad munchies I got sorta went away too.

I think it was the munchies

14. Actually some cannabinoids are good for your skin and help acne.
    that's why there's hemp acne cream.

15. I had horrible cystic acne when i was in middle school, my face is still fucked up looking in the right light because of the scars. that is the main reason why i have such horrible anxiety and social skills. but trust me if weed caused acne i would be the first person to be affected by it trust me haha. it is probably because you eat junk food when your high.

16. I eat pretty healthy (I actually go to a nutritionist). Just about every time I stray from what I'm supposed to eat, even just a snack, I break out a bit. So for me, it's all in the food. Stuff like milk or bread--maybe people have very acute allergies to these things. Nothing major, but I believe this might be the cause for acne in many cases.

But really, I'm just guessing and using the little information I know from talking to my nutritionist. I'm not doctor. :)

17. Yayo gives you acne haha. Just a coincidence, but most likely the food you eat. Sk8njam is right, fruit tastes bomb when your high. Fucking blueberries and raspberries all day mufucker. I have one day a week where i can eat shit though. Btw my skin is pretty much perfect, 1 or 2 spots now and again.

18. word.

19. It's proly all the junk shit food you eat when you munch out after blazing causing grease to come out of your pores, or stress. do you smoke cigs? that could be it.

20. I had moderate acne when I smoked casually but now that I've picked up and been going daily I noticed a large acne increase. I read that weed smoke may harm your skin because of what it releases during combustion which is another reason vaporization is healthier. Also, the foods you eat when you have the munchies play a huge role. I'm taking a break right now for tolerance and I'll see if I notice a decrease in acne