marijuana causes death?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by classactslacker, Mar 14, 2010.

1. we all know that marijuana doesn't kill but i was reading something that listed pros and cons about legalization and it said that marijuana can kill by damaging the brain in long term use.

(Physical damage would be done to users that abuse the drug. \t\tAlthough some studies have been disputed, marijuana abuse has been tied to brain damage, cancer, lung damage, \t\tdepression, amotivational syndrome, and even death. The brain damage has been shown to cause memory loss and difficulty \t\tin problem solving. It is the governments duty to protect the public from such dangerous \t\tdrugs. After all, that's why the FDA was created.)

here is the website.

2. all of those "no" reasons are pretty much BS, take a look at the rest of the list and you'll see why I can't believe them saying that marijuana causes death

Oh, and the fact that no one has ever died from it in recorded history...

3. i think thats all a bunch of whooohaahhh, MM really helps out alot of people with the diseases and symptoms, i think if u smoke more weed u can prevent these cancers and illnesses that really fuck people up

if u smoke it to help u with ur illness, then why not smoke it to prevent?

4. lol! Under the "NO" category, 1-5 are complete bullshit, they are ALL circumstantial, and will vary depending upon the person. I KNOW I will NEVER try "harder drugs", I will NEVER drive stoned, I do not believe it to be morally wrong! Not only that, but the one about breaking the law already, pfft! How many people drive EXACTLY the speed limit? The LAST one, about smoke, well, cannabis doe not HAVE to be inhaled, it can be eaten, and they make it seem like IF it does become legal that everyone everywhere will be smoking in public around children!WTF?

5. yea, they were grabbing at straws on the "no" list. They probably had a hard time finding any legit reasons, but needed to put some crap on there to present a "balanced argument"

6. i cant find the links right now, but im pretty sure there have been legitimate scientific studies disproving all of those cons you mentioned above...

the con of smoking pot is the smoke, its certainly not going to give you cancer tho. its an expectorant and actually reduces cancer size and may even cure many different forms of it. look up a guy named Rick Simpson.

7. i didnt write this stuff some ass hole did.

8. Marijuana is the reason AIDS exists and the reason for all of our problems.

9. We've had more than enough years (over 70) to see if it indeed causes long term damage to the brain. What do we find? The "hippies" and weed smokers of the 60's and 70's now have established families and careers and go about their life just fine.

The same can't be said for cigarettes when generations after they were produced people started getting cancer, emphysema, and ended up dying.

10. On a side note, 1996 called, it wants its website back.

11. Website says it was last updated 1/28/10

:confused:

12. This thread = big waste of time and bandwith.

Brain cancer?

Dear lord....
    :rolleyes:

13. I know. I was referring to the format and look. I seriously remember visiting pokemon red and blue strategy websites that looked something like that when I was in elementary school in the 90's.

14. More like 10,000 years but I see what you are saying :p

15. Since there is no proof of first hand smoke damage to inital users (unless they set themselves on fire) then second hand smoke is not going to be an issue....