Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Marijuana causes acne? POLL

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by BLunTFuLLOfBuD, Mar 24, 2009.

1. Hey Blades so im trying to figure out if weed causes acne because ive never got a clear answer. I know weed affects your hormones and your hormones cause acne so there could be a link for some people. Ever since i started smoking 3 years ago ive been smoking daily and my acne had not gone away since. The weird thing is I only get acne on my chin near my mouth and on my neck and i have severe acne on the back of my neck. Everyone please contribute to this thread because I am sick of my acne and might quit smoking to see if this shit will go away. I also use prescription creams but none really work. Post if you have acne or not and where you have acne. Also post how often you smoke.

2. Ive got some but i wouldnt link it to the fact ive been smoking weed for years. Like on side of my face, its not red at all just kinda bruises.

3. I'd bet a lot of money that MJ doesn't cause it, but that 1) junk food and 2) staying inside, not getting any sun or fresh air, and posting on forums do..

4. so in short all the things you do while you're high actually cause it

5. #5 RepentYeNbelievethegospel, Mar 24, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2009
    Technically smoke isn't good for your pores, but if people are constantly blowing smoke on your face and neck that could be it, otherwise it's unrelated.
    For me, once I started smoking I became a lot more relaxed, and over time my face has cleared up A LOT, and when people noticed they mentioned it and it feels good to hear that. So basically it went away once I had been smoking fir a bit. That's just my situation, a lot of things can chase acne so don't automatically blame the bud.

Also not eating crap all the time helps.
    Edit: and I'm not saying it cured my acne, I still have a little and a lot of scars from it, but it did clear up significantly

6. nobody in my immediate family gets acne. I do get those annoying ear pimples. Ouch!

7. Burning things in front of your face might attribute to acne, but not the plant itself.

8. It definatly doesnt, lol. The effects of the side effects cause acne :)

9. You know i really think that, in some people, it really HELPS with acne.

I had pretty bad acne when i was like 14, which is around the time i started smoking weed. Since then, my acne slowly faded. Now i'm 19 and have absolutely no blemishes on my face:D

I credit it all to MJ:smoking:

10. Here is my experience with weed and acne. Started smoking in 7th grade and stopped in 10th grade. I started drinking more and about 6 months later I started getting acne. This was probably due to genetics and hormones b/c I got my major growth spurts late. By the end of 11th grade I had very bad acne and got on accutane. I stopped drinking and started smoking again (Have no idea why i ever stopped) and now I don't have acne and hopefully it will stay this way. Good luck with your skin man and don't let it get you down. I personally don't think there is a link between mj and acne but it is entirely possible. Did one of your parents have acne b/c my mom did and I just blamed her for it.

11. I personally think that it helps my acne. If you have some that goes away, go to a naturopath (natural doctor) they're kinda weird, but they'll tell you whats up. Lots of acne is caused by minor food allergies, like gluten. Good luck.

12. Do you recomend accutane? ive heard theres some bad side effects. my acne could be worse and i still get pussy and all but its just sucks waking up and looking in the mirror and seeing that shit on your body. ive started eating lots of fruits and vegatable and only drinking water and lifting and doing cardio everday.

13. i can attest to it helping, last semester i smoked 4-5 times a week and my acne almost disappeared, but recently i havent been tokin and been having a few pimples here and there :(

14. Don't know your situation but it is probably not worth it. I've been tan my whole life but for almost a yr. i would get red if i went in the sun for more than 20 min and then I would be pale by the next day. If you play sports it sucks too. I played hockey and I was twice as sore after every game and had to start playing like a pussy.

There are more side effects that are possible too like depression but I didn't get those. Maybe thats were the weed really helped. If you go to the dermatologist he/she will know if it should even be considered but it is only usually used for severe acne that regular methods don't help. I would just eat healthier like you said get some sun and try not to touch wherever you have it.

15. blazing helps my acne. all my acne cleared up in a year after startin smoking, but puburty was ending at that point haha

16. Damn, nearly every time I smoke I get some zits in WEIRD places. Ear lobes, fucking on the side of my lip, I usually have no acne, but if I smoke, the next morning I wake up with some nasty zits.

17. Wait. . . I have acne . . . And, I smoke marijuana. That can mean only one thing, MARIJUANA CAUSES ACNE!!!!! :eek:

How does us having acne mean that smoking causes it? I had acne before I started smoking, and I still have it. I don't think we can make any valid claim from the results of this poll. Oh well, have fun with your poll then! :confused:

18. I smoked a ton through my pubescent(sp) years. 13-18 I blazed daily and never had any acne. I think its just a genetic thing.

19. Hotboxing a lot can give you acne

20. Most people get acne from like age 13-25. Alot of people who toke are around that age, so just because you have acne and you smoke doesn't mean weed causes it.