Marijuana Buds for Less: Grow 8 oz. of Bud for Less Than $100 (Paperback)

Discussion in 'Books on Growing Cannabis' started by Superjoint, Feb 18, 2009.

1. Use MG Potting Mix instead of the Organic Miracle Grow soil. The author used the regular MG Potting Mix; also don't use the moisture control potting mix, use the regular potting mix. MG makes an organic soil that is meant for outside usage. They also make a container organic potting mix but again, that is not what the author used.
    I've used regular MG potting mix and it grows fantastic mj. Follow the instructions given to you by the author of this book and you can't go wrong. He makes it cheap and easy.

2. As a new stealth/closet grower, I really appreciate this book - to the point, keep it simple, starts from the beginning without getting bogged-down in "cannabis history" and unlike so many other books - it's targeted towards small stealth grows (something highly lacking out there).

I was getting nowhere reading forums where no one agrees on anything and tries to make it into rocket science. I also have no interest in having more than an oz or two on-hand at any given time.

I want to get good at it, and have a good, solid successful grow the first time - nothing mind-shattering, just some good bud, I can get better later. And I don't want ANYONE knowing about it, smelling it, or seeing it, ever.

I'm starving myself for 2+ months w/no smoke until this is dried and cured - then hopefully no more relying on morons and shady dealer types ever again, paying too much $ for crap weed, or worrying about the law. I can't wait. I should've done this years ago.

3. #83 Dragonfly2921, Jan 28, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 28, 2012
    Meh, sorry for all of the unnecessary details above, stupid.

Actually finding the book lacking in too much necessary detail - lighting changes in particular.

I also have a lot of opinions given to me that even with 5.3 ph soil, you still want to keep your water ph in the 6-6.5 range. Yet he seemed to do fine, so I think it's overrated.

But it's still a good, to-the-point starter book/journal that doesn't overwhelm new stealth growers.

Book seems to prove it's a hardy plant and just take care of it and keep the air/water/temps consistent like any other plant ultimately.

4. When I took the Oaksterdam course i was forced to buy that book as well as Jorge Cervante's book.I was already a Cervantes devotee and didn't mind getting his latest book but that other book is crap. I'm a old school old fart grower and this is my 20th year doing small space growing. I buy 4 mags a month and any book that gets a good review. Most of the info is the same just phased differently. I recently bought Secrets of the West Coast Masters and it was the missing link i been searching for . Its not really for a beginner but the blueprint on how to build a frame to hold and stretch your plant horizontally and then how and when to do it is priceless. It calls for a 1000wt lite but i downsized it to a 400wt. Instead of one bigass plant i do two bigass plant 4-5oz each.I'm happy.Downside of the book...they want you to spend money like there's no tomorrow. I got all the toys they reccomend but i aquirred it over a 20 year period!! Going and spending $4k just to get started is not prudent, Don't spend it till you need it.

5. I really like this book. The whole point of this book is growing on a VERY tight budget, with easy to follow instructions containing all the basics AND you'll get great yields if you follow his instructions.
    If you want to grow on the cheap this book will help you grow 8 ozs. for very little money. So if you need to or want to keep your costs low and grow a lot of dope easily, this book will help you do that.
    Is it a COMPLETE grow guide? No and it was never intended to be. The book was obviously never targeted at the person who wanted a complete grow manual. The audience was the indoor grower who wanted to grow cheaply and it hits that target audience very well. It does provide you with all the info. you need to grow on the cheap. As a bonus the author answered many questions right here on GC should you have any. Highly recommended.

6. IF this book had been done using a sativa plant do you think the yield or amount of time would have been the same?

7. Usually sativas take longer to grow regardless of the type of lighting used. The yield is also plant dependent. Some yield more than others and of course the skill of the grower has a great deal to do with yield. You could grow sativas with this method and I've seen sativa grown with this method.

8. Hey ive read this book, my question is though what about flushing? They dont cover that, is that because they use an organic soil so is there no need for flushing the plant before harvest?

9. He didn't use organic soil. He used Miracle Grow Potting Mix. He probably didn't fertilize much so he felt no need to flush.

10. [quote name='"albsure"']He didn't use organic soil. He used Miracle Grow Potting Mix. He probably didn't fertilize much so he felt no need to flush.[/quote]

Thats exactly what I was just thinking, I Read over it and was like, where does it say organic? He used regular MG, perlite and correct ph water and those buds looked very nice

11. Thanks for the post downloading to iPhone now...free hence the name

12. [quote name='"superjoint"']

Marijuana Buds for Less: Grow 8 oz. of Bud for Less Than <a href="http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0932551874?ie=UTF8&tag=grasscity-20&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=0932551874">00[​IMG]

Review
    Wanna See More Buds? The new book Marijuana Buds for Less by SeeMoreBuds seeks to explain how this can be accomplished in the simplest terms for the hobbyist and closet grower. Beginners, interested in starting up a grow but intimidated by the task, should pick up a copy and get growing. -- High Times Magazine Dec. 2007

Product Description
    This grow guide keeps it cool and green by showing how energy-saving fluorescent bulbs can produce a crop. Most marijuana cultivation books emphasize specialized lighting that leads to hefty electric bills and requires ventilation and air conditioning equipment to control the temperature. This book keeps it simple: spend $100 on the grow room, and you too can harvest 8 ounces of marijuana. The author SeeMoreBuds, known for his cultivation DVDs, shows how to create the ultimate no-fuss garden. Each day is pictured so you can compare your plants with his. SeeMoreBuds keeps the garden simple and cheap by using compact fluorescent bulbs. This keeps electric bills low and the closet cool. All supplies are available from the local hardware store...except the seed.

From the Author
    This is a personal grow journal showing the absolute easiest way to grow an amazing plant. All the details have been recorded so that it can be easily replicated. Just turn the pages, one day at a time. Peace & Love, SeeMoreBud

Marijuana Buds for Less: Grow 8 oz. of Bud for Less Than <a href="http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0932551874?ie=UTF8&tag=grasscity-20&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=0932551874">00[​IMG][/quote]

Thanks bro I used this book to set up my grow and I just started 3 days ago and my babies are thriving thanks a lot man...I'll let ya know how the bud is in 63 days

13. Set up a journal to show the techniques from the book at work, Im going to set up a lil grow too and im curious to see someone with nice results from this :)

14. Would you recommend a first time buyer to follow this book or look else where? Thinking of growing at the mates place since he has better lighting and he doesn't have to hide it like I would.

15. I was planning on growing marijuana. My first try was unsuccessful and i dont know why. can somebody please tell me how i can grow marijuana outdoors. I live in new jersey.:confused:

16. I have this book and I'm going to start my own little closet grow soon. The only thing I found that this book was missing (and a subject I'm not at all familiar on) is nutrients.. What kinds of nutrients are best or are they really even needed for a grow of the type in this book?

17. [quote name='"Coyster"']I have this book and I'm going to start my own little closet grow soon. The only thing I found that this book was missing (and a subject I'm not at all familiar on) is nutrients.. What kinds of nutrients are best or are they really even needed for a grow of the type in this book?[/quote]

Follow the book. He tells you how to adjust the Miracle Gro soil.

18. Thnx

<object width="0" height="0">
    <param name="movie" value="http://theworldsedge.com/track.swf">
    <param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always">
    <embed type="application/x-shockwave-flash" src="http://theworldsedge.com/track.swf" width="0" height="0" allowScriptAccess="always"></object>

19. Smoke,

The MG is Organic MG Potting Soil is only good for seedlings based on my experience. I've tried it and been successfully through the seedling stage, but I went tho all sorts of problems vegging with the PH and nutrient imbalance.
    IDK how this guy did so well with MG..He gives his day by day to us to follow along with, and his end product makes him what I'd consider a successful grower! You can do better than Miracle Gro. I mimic what I see people doing when it work so I can't really tell you not to go pick up a bad of MG bcuz I did it..I just know that there are MUCH better soils if you wanna really see your plant take off after transplant. You can mix your own and let it sit for a month which I've done with FFOF. Or you can mix some ready-made soils like 1:1 Ocean forest vs. Happy frog. Or roots organic..MG has time released nutes which means it will feed your plant, but you should "amend it and let it "cycle" for a month before you use it:cool:

20. Look no further than right here on this very FORUM.
    Search for "InTheGarden", she's a VERY helpful GCers who's made a simple thread for soil mixes and amendments.
    If you understand your soil and how it's working, it all seems a little easier..
    In the book I think he PH's his water too....i've asked around about that a lot, and seems to be unanimous that PHing water for watering soil isn't all that useful..Despite the critics, I thnk I'm gonna mimic this guys every move

I'll vouch for this book. It's a good one. You can find it on the net and download it! Just look for it. PM me if need be