Marijuana Buds for Less: Grow 8 oz. of Bud for Less Than $100 (Paperback)

Discussion in 'Books on Growing Cannabis' started by Superjoint, Feb 18, 2009.

1. rotflol

2. ok your half right. the numbers are correct, your labeling of the solor is wrong. soft white(6700k and has more blue spectrum) is for vegging and daylight(2600k has more red spectrum) is for flowering. make usre that you have the right info because newwer growers are very impretionable and will read somthing and if you mix up the info, you will confuse them. good for you though. good job.

also you are correct in saying that you should use both spectrums for the intire grow.
    softwhite(more on the blue side) for vegging
    daylight(more on the red side) for flowering.
    allthough you are correct, it is not a necessity. some people dont even change from softwhite during the whole grow. i dont recomend that if you want some serious dank, but its doable.

one more thing. the author doesnt stress enough the fact that your plant will double or triple in size when you make the switch to 12/12 light cycle(flowering). your plant will get HUGE after the switch. there, did i stress that enough?
    so if your thinking about doing your grow in a small space, do not, i repeat, do not veg for long periods of time. the author had alot of room to do the grow and did the whole 2 week thing. if you are new and havnt grown on your own yet, please listen to this. some people will tell you to veg for 4 to 6 weeks. this is when you have huge areas to grow in. i tell people to start vegging all the time, and when they dont, they come back to me after about 2 weeks of flowering and ask me what to do about their plant now that it has grown larger than they have space for. the author says to veg early due to the fact that CFL's dont have much light penetration. this isnt the only reason. also if you have a plant that has an 8 week flowering time, please note that your 8 weeks start when the plant has shown sex. if you have a single plant, and it turns out to be male(males will show sex after about 1 week of 12/12, so if your plant still hasnt shown sex after almost 2 weeks, more than likely you have a female, but if it starts showing little balls at the internode spaces, more than likely you have a male) any ways, if it turns out to be male, and thats your only plant, then dont kill it right away like people will tell you. let it flower for another week or two, and collect its pollen. you can start more seed while this male plant makes pollen, and they wont be effected. this way you can save some pollen and then pollenate a few buds for seed propigation and still have sensi plants. hit me up if you need help with the pollenation

3. good read xD

4. A "good rule of thumb" is to only veg until the plant tops are around 1/3rd of your vertical grow space.

5. ok, ill go with that, sounds good.

6. #47 RO76, Jan 15, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 15, 2011
    That book has a very crappy reviews on Amazon, except for the first two(must be some friends of an author?...

7. Does anyone know the exact cfl bulbs used in the book? and where i can get those light fixtures

8. if OldSkoolGrower recommends it, i feel obligated to atleast read it.

9. i just read this yesterday. very easy read, and definitely informative. the author takes a simplified approach, meaning he'll tell you everything you need to grow, but he doesn't tell you how to really maximize your chances of having great bud. overall, i'd say it's definitely helpful, but you should do more research than just reading this.

10. its not bad i looked it over yesterday and i gotta say i learned way more reading peoples grow journals on sites like gc, i like that it has pics and easy to understand info in it though.

11. Umm.. You just lost me.. haha.. Its 2700k soft white and 6500k daylight.. I'm pretty high and didn't feel like retyping this so I just copied and pasted from another post I did a few days ago..

A few reasons why to have a mix of both spectrums..

GC
    Heres kamel's guide.. "have no results to back it up, but I like to use a single daylight bulb while flowering too, just to balance the spectrum"

Thinking 150 hps, don't bother.. "Ive noticed an advantage to both though
    Use CFLs (266 watts) for veg (130 watts 2700k (5 x 26 watt) and 136 watts 6500k ( 2 x 26 + 2 x 42)). Total lumens -= 17,100 / 266 watts = 64 lumens / watt."

Other Sites
    MJ Grow Guide "In reality, the sun never fully converts from one spectrum to the other. It can actually be beneficial to use both blue and red spectrum lights at all times. Instead of switching light sources entirely, choose a ratio of about 3:1 for either phase. That is, for the vegetative phase, use three times as much blue spectrum light as red spectrum light and for the flowering phase use three times as much red spectrum light."

Grow Easy "It's optimal to use 'daylight' (6500k) colored bulbs for the vegetative stage and 'soft white' (2500k) colored bulbs for flowering (though you can use either kind during either stage and your plant will come out fine). I like to use a mix to make sure my plants get a full spectrum of light."

I'll stop there [​IMG]

For the cfl bundle all you have to do is go to lowes with this shopping list..

3 light bulb splitters (2.99)
    1 medium sized clamp light (9.99)

Unscrew the reflector on the clamp light.. put in a splitter.. Then take the other two splitters and put them in the first splitter.. If you read the amount of wattage the clamp light can handle all of them check out ok..

Add four bulbs.. 3 6500k and 1 2700 k for veg.. 3 2700k and 1 6500k for flower..
    Bundles ends up being around 96 watts each..

12. found mine at barnes n noble...

13. You guys need to stop offering free copies for 'evaluation' or otherwise. It's against the rules and shows great disrespect to SuperJoint.

14. the book actually said to do this

15. I did it a little different. I smoked half a pound and then bought the book.

16. Stop hating on MG My neighboor has an 8foot plant with organic Mg Lol.....
    Maybe it's not the soil, it's the people using it!

17. The organic MG soil isn't that bad really. It's their nutes that people rant about because they are crap.

18. I've tried MGO a couple of times over the years and my biggest complaint was the poor drainage, even with 25% perlite. It might be ok to fortify outdoor grows but I won't use it again.