Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Marijuana Breathalyzer--Where is it?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by miscbrah3284, Mar 13, 2012.

1. [quote name='"jeffadamski93"']

Your body metabolizes alcohol through the liver, not your breath. Don't you know why alcoholics suffer from cirrhosis and liver failure :confused:? The reason alcohol is detectable through a breathalyzer is because it samples the air from your lungs, where there would be alcohol because air meets blood in the lungs.[/quote]

Not true alcohol actually passes through the membranes within the mouth. Not a huge percentage but still does. Although you are correct about the alcohol being carried and expelled through the lungs because the blood releases it as a waste just as it does with carbon dioxide.

2. hey good luck with that! wont happen. im just being realistic while youre living in your fairy tale world....the general public wont want legal weed and everybody driving around high without some sort of tool to test whether youre high or not.

I dont exactly want one either, if you havent figured by now I do smoke lol.

wow thank you, somebody who actually has a brain itt...this pretty much sums up my entire point and reason for making the therad.

3. i understand nao

4. You are uneducated in anatomy and physiology sir.

"Membranes within the mouth".. if by that you mean capillary beds, then yes, alcohol is absorbed in the blood in the mouth, the same way it is absorbed through the stomach (goes to the blood) but the stomach digests the ethanol which is then deposited in the blood. Nevertheless, just because blood vessels in the mouth absorb alcohol, it is completely wrong to say it is metabolized in the mouth. (Thats like saying when anally injecting drugs or alcohol, the drug is metabolized in the ass... :confused:)

Alcohol goes into your blood and is metabolized in the liver, thats the end of the story brother.

5. i dont think its possible? its not like alcohol

6. Because the relative smell of weed on a person's breath is surely NOT an accurate way of confirming how intoxicated someone is

7. Detection of δ(9)-tetrahydrocannabinol in exhaled breath collected from cannabis users.
    (abst – 2011) Detection of

8. always comin thru with legit sources and links +rep

9. lol, attentiveness is lacking :(

10. Misc, somebody's got to give you guys the facts! lol

11. [quote name='"Iluvatar"']Because the relative smell of weed on a person's breath is surely NOT an accurate way of confirming how intoxicated someone is[/quote]

Um...no it isn't

12. I think that they use the same 1 as they do for alcohol. Because ive read somewhere that it can trace back up to 2 weeks

13. [quote name='"miscbrah3284"']

hey good luck with that! wont happen. im just being realistic while youre living in your fairy tale world....[/quote]

fairy tale worlds are straight. i need a break from the real world. sick of that shit.

14. #54 Jrgong, Mar 14, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 14, 2012
    Don't you know? The real worlds way overrated. :smoke: Sit back, chill, and just let the herb transport you into a different state of mind

15. #55 Stride420, Mar 14, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 14, 2012
    [quote name='"Soccerguy420"']

You are uneducated in anatomy and physiology sir.

"Membranes within the mouth".. if by that you mean capillary beds, then yes, alcohol is absorbed in the blood in the mouth, the same way it is absorbed through the stomach (goes to the blood) but the stomach digests the ethanol which is then deposited in the blood. Nevertheless, just because blood vessels in the mouth absorb alcohol, it is completely wrong to say it is metabolized in the mouth. (Thats like saying when anally injecting drugs or alcohol, the drug is metabolized in the ass... :confused:)

Alcohol goes into your blood and is metabolized in the liver, thats the end of the story brother.[/quote]

Lol I never said anything about it being metabolized in the mouth... Only that it passes the membranes within the mouth, by which I meant it goes to the blood. Maybe if you took the time to actually read what I wrote and not just tried to make an ass out of me you would have caught that. Not to mention the ignorance in saying im uneducated in anatomy and physiology. I very well know more than the average person. Not attacking you in any way :p just pointing some things out haha.

16. This is crazy it would be way easier to get caught up with pigs, but like miscbrah said its gonna be necessary if it was legalized.:smoke: