Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Marijuana being illegal is a government conspiracy?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Meeksy, Nov 15, 2011.

1. ok YOYOYOYOYO I thought about this shit tonight yeah....marijuana WILL become legal within the next 30-40~ or odd so years.... why? Because all of the greedy baby boomers and really really old people (those 70+ now(age)) will all be long gone and our generation (people who are in their 30's and under) will be running the country... how many people do you know that are in their 20's and 30's that are completely against marijuana? Also polls* show the reason it's illegal is because old people are against it... so it WILL become legal
    UNLESSSSSSS the gov. uses illegal methods to keep it illegal

2. #22 trainsp0t, Nov 15, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 15, 2011
    It is my firm belief that we should criminalize the politicians, the nasty folks and the religious bigots who have exploited religion and the name of God to oppress others who think differently.

It is also my firm belief that we should legalize Marijuana -- for the mere fact and truth that Marijuana is created by God, and is God's gift to mankind and womankind.

It is my further belief that there is no problem in this world that sufficient love and Marijuana cannot solve.

3. Thanks. Big p may controll The gov. but legalization wont hurt them. It might help, all the phlem, flu, sickness from smoking too much, and tax from stuff non smokers dont buy.

4. #24 greenbrad420, Nov 15, 2011
    Why would you take aspirin when you can take a few hits of your own grown cannabis? There is a lot of things on the shelves that cannabis simply replaces. It's natural with no small side effects, look at their side effects :laughing:

have you seen run from the cure?

5. You damn hippie weed wont replace pills. Its not cemotherapy.
    There are more drugs than weed replaces. Asprin is that it. OMG big p losses asprin but gains something else. they will make up bull flu or something. Were so broke and look at the money mmj states make. The gov sees its helping or they would have stoped it

6. this is exactly right. no offence hippie4u, but to say that the legalisation of marijuana will not affect big Pharma is totally ignorant and somewhat idiotic.

imagine the problems it will create for big P when patients can grow a plant in their own backyards that has hundreds of medicinal uses, minimal side effects, and no addictive properties. people will be able to cultivate all the medicine they need from the comfort of their own homes. sure, there will still be a need for some pills and synthetic medicines, but their profit margin will take a nose dive.

the complexity of the THC molecule makes it almost impossible to patent. they simply cannot create synthetic marijuana that is as effective as the real thing. big pharma is screwed if marijuana becomes legal. stocks will crash and investors will lose out.

big Pharma will do everything in their power to keep marijuana illegal as long as possible.

7. #27 Connorjbp, Nov 15, 2011
    I think that the Government is scared that once Weed is legalized that Americans might become pacifists as they did in the past when it was legal over 70 years ago, i mean if you look at the big picture. america makes most of her money going to war over oil and gold. If you were to legalize pot the majority of the country might smoke it and feel like saying. "you know what we don't want to fight any more wars" i think the government doesn't look at the big picture there are many uses for hemp thus creating Billions of dollars worth in hemp products a year. But america does have this image as being the bad ass country so to become pacifists would be a bad image for them in their mind

8. Marijuana will never be completely legal in the U.S. because of Harry Anslinger. After the U.S. made it illegal they still couldn't control the weed that was coming into the states. So, at the Geneva convention Anslinger proposed the Convention for the suppression of the illicit traffic in dangerous drugs. This is where he convinced all the other nations present to enact marijuana prohibition laws.

Basically, if the U.S. made it completely legal, they would first have to admit to the entire world that they were wrong. I don't see this happening...

9. #29 Deleted member 469440, Nov 15, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2011
    You're right, it's definitely not chemotherapy. It is a much safer and more natural alternative.

Also, you are severely misinformed my friend:
    Benefits of Marijuana

10. #30 Apu, Nov 15, 2011
    My personal opinion on the subject(Not my logically opinion) is it started as a conspiracy to stop the hemp market from ruining our economy now in the 21st century. The government(All countries not just USA) just does not want to admit it has been wrong for what half a century?

I also have to say after my half brothers mother(I am very close with that half of the family) had cancer I am sick of people commenting on how marijuana helps during kemo, Even the poster above me he means well but posted a link with horribly bad information ADD does not even exist anymore bro......

11. #31 bazoski1er, Nov 15, 2011

Apu, i like you and value your contributions to the forums, but what?

marijuana is proven to help the nausea and sickness associated with chemotherapy. that is fact. there are hundreds of cases where marijuana has helped cancer patients during radiation.

and to say ADD does not exist? that's just ignorance. it does exist. it may be over-diagnosed, but it still exists. and cannabis helps that too.

12. #32 Apu, Nov 15, 2011
    I like and respect you I am not trying to attack you.

But your post proves my exact point, Yes it helps with nausea during chemo(If eaten not smoked another fact left out) but a lot of things on that site to do with cancer are so big a lie its almost funny.

I have ADHD, ADD does not exist it did in the past. We now have no such thing as ADD instead three types of ADHD I can provide links if needed. Also if it helps ADHD it is a very debatable subject speaking from experience. Also there facts on marijuana and ADD(pretending they meant ADHD) are not all true and the list is bigger. Also there are side effects

False information is worse than none. Ugh I keep editing. False information gets me riled hehe(At the info not the poster)

13. #33 jiminycrickt, Dec 21, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 21, 2011
    Pot Shrinks Tumors; Government Knew in '74 | | AlterNet

Okay I've been googling why marijuana is illegal last couple days, and i wanna know if i should believe what I'm reading. And WHY THE HELL is this not HUGE news? D=

Dr. Donald Tashkin of UCLA funded by the National Institutes of Health came up with the exact same thing this video posted in 2006 I'm not sure how old this video is really.
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJmQ16cGBHU]Dr. Donald Tashkin Marijuana Lung Cancer Study Pt 1 of 2 - YouTube[/ame]
    It is a 2 part interview so I hope you all know how to click on the 2nd without me having to post it.

I just can't believe it. I'm not sure what to say except how sick our government is.

And please let me know if these stories are just b/s, because I'm sure I haven't done near as much research as some others on here may have.

Edit: Another link with lots of information supporting this stuff patients4medicalmarijuana.wordpress.com

14. Go on the hidden wiki and go to the government conspiracy theory section. There's just pretty crazy-yet believable-shit out there.

15. Yeah. I heard its like 75 grand a year for each person to be in prison

16. evolution is a government conspiracy.