marijuana as and over the counter medicine

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by kcrenots, Jun 7, 2010.

1. wouldn't that be better instead of it being sold like in liquor stores and places like that when it gets legalized
    no prescriptions needed
    it will be like buying Tylenol:smoke:

2. not that easy,and im pretty sure that will never happen.
    :kids stealing weed.
    :kids involved in crimes will be linked with weed legalization.
    :to expensive of a drug to be in an isle,and be easily stolen.

idk sounds like a huge mess to me.

just my opinion though?

3. Be real we all know the majority of medical mj is just people getting high. If they legalize there will be no need for medical people can just get high as needed with 0 regulation. Whether for medical or fun it shouldn't matter it your body.

4. Wont ever happen but it would be nice

5. maybe then i can stop abusing benadryl. lolz jk

6. didnt think about that
    maybe if you ask for it and they keep it in the back room

7. I can't foresee weed ever being sold in a liquor store or anything like that - I'm sure that in order to regulate it, etc.. they'll sell it in dispensaries similar to how they do now with medical patients...

There are a LOT of different things to think about before even thinking of legalizing it - some people will vote yes on legalizing it in november here in CA, but will have no idea what that actually means... there's so much more to think about than just "oh yay legalize marijuana!"

8. give me one reason having it legal so legitimate american business can sell it, regulated so its harder for kids to get it, and taxed to help support our nation would be a bad idea?

9. i was thinking about this a few days ago. a lot of people dont even know what it would mean if this passes in november. theres still a ton of flaws that need to be fixed.

10. practice makes perfect. you think the laws surrounding anything were perfect in their first draft? and i mean you have to start somewhere. if it gets legalized hopefully the government will finally realize they are fighting against the people they are suppose to be serving on this issue. thats the first step.

11. so many pro-marijuana people don't want this legalized.

From a moral standpoint - it should be legal and NOT taxed. It's a friggin' plant.

From a legal standpoint - I would vote for decriminilization before legalization. Everyone gets along fine getting their weed and smoking it until they mess up and get in trouble. That doesn't happen often in Cali as it is and most people try to get their cards for that added protection. If the government regulates marijuana - so many different things could go wrong... some what would now be illegal dealers will run out of business - some growers will have harder times with growing competition, etc.. etc.. not to mention black market drug trading and gang atmospheres would dramatically shift... what happens when your #1 product is now legal? That's like those guys that buy bags of oranges and try to sell each orange for $1 a piece door to door. (Yes, they exist lol)

12. from a moral standpoint- some states tax food. should food be taxed? no, but we do it anyway. and pretty much everything we buy is taxed, we need to get over it. if the tax is outragous we might have a problem, but if the tax is outragous it wont solve the problem with gangs and cartels selling it so eventually they will have to make the tax reasonable.

legal standpoint- first of all, we want the illegal dealers to stop selling drugs. not that all drug dealers are bad but the higher up the chain you go the more violent and corrupt it gets, trust me, i know that game all to well. people kill eachother or a couple thousand dollars. if it was legal legitmate business could sell it and that would help stop the cartells from killing thousands every year. drug dealers would have to get new jobs, to bad.

growers would not go out of business. if it takes alot of care and hardwork to grow the highest quality pot a giant organization will not be able to grow the best stuff. and with marijuana thats what we all want, the best stuff. moreover, they could work for a company as a grower or start their own comapany growing, imagine that! i think that would be great. plus they wont have to worry about being put in jail for growing a plant (talk about a moral standpoint).

if gangs cant sell pot their revenue will decrease significantly, if gangs dont make money why be a part of them? and i would love if they shifted to selling oranges, better than heroin. i dont get your point there?

when people say they are against legalization im just baffled. do some research, the economists, doctors/researchers, sociologists agree.....legalize it!

13. The government is regulating marijuana right now. Ever hear of the term 'regulatory capture'? Prohibition is a form of regulation.

I agree that the government regulation is a bad idea, but you must realize the irony of your argument. You're arguing that government regulation is bad, but at the same time we must keep a similar form of government regulation in place in order to maintain the status quo? :confused: In other words, your argument contradicts itself.

Furthermore, the stuff in bold is just laughable. Why the fuck does anyone here care about dealers/growers/gangs? I'm sorry, I just don't care whether or not they succeed. I don't care if they 'run out of business'. I have no respect for people who make a living off the black market and I could really care less what happens to those low-lifes when legalization happens.

14. More growers = more weed = cheaper weed = less money for growers.. if you google articles about pro's and con's of taxing cannabis in CA you'll find a bunch of stuff - i read a few articles about grower's wanting to vote No

point being it will cause a surge in other drugs as these people need to make money somehow... sure marijuana-related drug violence may decrease since its legal... but legalizing it will affect many other things.

there's a reason its split 50/50 and its not pro/anti either.. each side has legitimate pro's and con's.

That's not the same thing and you know it. You can't legalize weed and regulate it and prohibit it at the same time.

when did i ever say we need any type of government regulation? I said weed shouldn't be illegal but it also shouldn't be taxed. Decriminalized. The only times I see fit to fine someone is if they're breaking some other law because they're under the influence. And since there are such few situations like that that I can think of other than traffic violations and disorderly persons offenses... it seems like a better idea than having the government control the price and availability of marijuana.

as i just explained, because if their livelihoods are messed with - something else is just going to come along - they're not going to be put out of business.. i would have clarified but i'm doing a dozen different things as I'm posting this.

15. #15 Arteezy, Jun 8, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 8, 2010
    Straw man? I never said/implied any of this. Prohibition is regulation.

If it's not illegal, then it's legal. I hate being so absolute, but that's kind of how it works. Something is either legal, or it's illegal. So, you're proposing legalization, but calling it decriminalization. Bravo?

Yea, people definitely do not get run out of business like every day. :rolleyes:

Please clarify. Please elaborate on what kind of backlash we can expect from these "criminals" that we aren't already feeling.

I can't believe you're actually arguing against legalization by saying that the people profiting off prohibition will be upset and might do something. Of course they're going to be upset and of course they might do something. Legalization is merely the least bad solution. It's not a perfect solution by any standard.

16. who ever is for legalizing is stupid.
    Now decriminalizing yes,vote away.

If it was legalized their would be so much confusion..More than half of the people who would vote yes wouldnt even know what legalizing would do they would just vote yes to try and be"cool"and say yeah i voted yes to legalize marijuana.idiots.

And to the polls online,the vote yes for legalization ,is higher than the one not to legalize because half the people or more than half who vote for yes are just teens or stoners who cant even vote yet.and just have access to a computer..
    well thats my opinion.

17. So, you want bud to be illegal. And I'm the one who's stupid. :rolleyes:

So many logical fallacies. Let's see, we got a red herring, straw man, ad hominem and that's just the first paragraph.

Let me be the first to say that your opinion isn't very well-thought out and you should probably do some more reading on the subject.

The Economist is a good place to start: http://www.drogasedemocracia.org/Arquivos/the-economist.pdf

18. im not on this site,to be judged on my grammar errors.

And yes,some people would agree with me.

And no,yes it should be illegal because no one needs to be high,i mean nobody.
    If the government legalized it that would be a privilege.
    And mostly every one,would in fact abuse the shit out of that privilege.
    And be driving high,and drunk and high,
    And a lot of innocent people would die in car crashes and more accidents.
    Not that they dont already but the fact that it would be legal,more people would try it,and it would be easier for kids to get it.

So why not just decriminalize it,huh?
    Why does it have to be legal?
    Correction it doesnt have to be and it wont.
    If it does pass,it will soon be illegal.

19. No one is judging you on your grammar.

Doesn't make your opinion any better.

Yea, those medical users of cannabis would probably be fine without weed. :rolleyes:

lmfao. As if this doesn't happen already. Legalization will not result in more car crashes. You have 0 evidence to back any of this garbage up.

Yes, only you are able to predict the future. :rolleyes: Legalization is the least bad solution and everyone will realize after it's legal what dumbfucks we were for letting such a miraculous plant be illegal for so long. Neither you nor any prohibitionist can stop us now with your logically fallacious arguments.

20. To me decriminalizing is contradictory - it's like saying...well we don't think it's that bad, so we're not going to send you to jail, but maybe we can give you a fine because we still think you should be punished, but maybe not that much.

Full legalization and regulation is the way to go...just like tobacco and booze are now