Marijuana as an alternative to Chemotherapy

Discussion in 'General' started by SmokeDankness, Jul 25, 2012.

1. heres the situation, my grandma has breast cancer and shes having surgery to get the cancerous cells removed, and my aunt said they are unsure of whether or not she is going to need Chemo afterwards. And when we were talking about it i said there are alternatives to that grueling process, and she asked what is that and i told her medical marijuana.. And she kinda just laughed and didn't acknowledge what i had said to her... This is where i ask for the help of grasscity, can somebody PLEASE help me out by providing me with a link or a name of a video on information about marijuana helping treat the aftermath of breast cancer, and such. Thanks grasscity, i know i can always count on you guys.. happy smoking :smoke:

2. Well , i'm superdiculously high right now, so this mayt be in(ciper word can't spell it)
    but I am 6 weeks disease free of some Lymphoma. Had Burkittts and a tumor grew in my abdomen, had to get half of my colon and some small instesting taken out. Went through a few months of delibilating chemo. No radiation, just chemo. Was real brutal, but I am young, was previously real health. I'm pretty sure a senior would be hit a lot harder, and be less resilient. I'm not sure on the effects of cannabis destroying cancer, but I smoked all the way through my treatment and did better than a lot of other patients I saw. Sorry your grandama has cancer man, it's a terrible disease that hurts the families as much as the victim, and I get your pain. It's your grandma's life and she'll do what she wants to. sorry if some of this didn't make sense, but I just smoked 2 bowls of some ratheer immaculate cannabis because my pain was acting up, got a lot more haappy than I though, but I'm glad. I forgot how much cannabis can heal the spirit and mind, while also mending physical issues. Sorr, I'll leave you guys to your own thoughts, but I love you all, and you're all parts of an amazing community and a truly fanntastic forum :Smoke: Love you all ::)

3. Some cannabinoids have anti-cancer properties, but I wouldn't advise it INSTEAD of a real medical procedure, horrible as it is chemo is a lot more likely to actually help her.

Medical marijuana might be a good idea in conjuncture with the chemo however, a lot of people going through it lose all appetite, and we all know just how well marijuana helps with that don't we ;)

4. What he said dont use it as alternative but use it at the same time.

5. Hope all goes well for you man, you seem like a good dude, stay smoking buddy..

And for the rest of you thank you for the pointers and advice.

6. Whatever you do don't send her to chemo, she'll most likely get sick and die. Large doses of concentrated hemp oil with high THC content will cure cancer. Do some research on this

7. I wouldn't advise her to not use any modern medical methods but rather have her try the MMJ as a synergistic.

8. Wtf are you talking about? 2 of my family members are alive thanks to chemo, and to advise this guys family member to avoid chemo is insane.. Chemo destroys cancer on a level that makes MJ's effects look like nothing.. It is horrendous treatment but it saves lives, OP please don't listen to all the advice you get on here.

MJ certainly has some interesting and useful purposes in regards to cancer but to recommend that someone opt out of chemo in lieu of marijuana to treat their breast cancer is just insane

9. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0psJhQHk_GI]RUN FROM THE CURE - Full Version - YouTube[/ame]

10. Medical marijuana isn't really a cure for breast cancer. I've heard it can reduce tumors but not a cure. As of now it's used mainly to damper the side-effects of all the medication not to mention help with the large amount of stress one must be going through.

Btw just wait till Granny Storm see this. She will get you whatever you need buddy.

Also sorry bout your grandma man. I've worked with Susan G. Kolmams three day walk various times even helped in there warehouse this summer packing all there supplies. Were gonna be it one day. Count my words.

11. MMJ is a great tool for cancer but advising a loved one against doctor's suggestions you may just kill them. there's a reason they have a PhD and you don't know what i mean? Modern medical care is in place because it's the best we have. If weed was an insta cure then everyone and their dog would be using it. Although it is very beneficial telling someone to avoid conventional treatment is very reckless.

12. everyone has cancer cells. your body constantly fights them off.
    when you actually have cancer it's because you have been eating nothing but crap your entire life and your immune system has been weakened. the real cure for cancer is changing your lifestyle and eating healthy.

there have been people who had "6 months to live" who completely changed how they eat and started to exercise who are still alive today YEARS later.

if the mainstream media and science community made this widely known they would lose millions of dollars in research grants they receive every year. chemo actually makes you die faster.

13. The post above me is bullshit, my grandfather would be dead right now were it not for the intense surgery and chemotherapy he underwent to treat his throat cancer. I'm pretty sure that if he neglected this treatment and started to eat more healthily instead, he'd be dead by now.

14. she just had her surgery today, ill let you guys know how it goes aftermath wise. But for the mean time THANK YOU GUYS!! the people on this site are so supportive and chill. Nothing better than being able to come on a site and be able to tell your full situation and have people be fully supportive of your situation... thank you guys once again, and continue smoking everyone :smoke:

15. Good to hear man keep us updated these kinda stories always brighten my day when they do well.

16. Tell the MMJ destroys the dead blood cells that convert to tumors/cancer.
    As well as relieves pain, nausea from chemotherapy, sleep aid, etc etc
    More pros than cons, if there even are any cons.

17. ^ That's true but would you tell someone to disregard all modern medicine and just smoke weed?

18. I have done zero research on this. but i'd say go with the herb. Chemo just sounds to fucking painful.