Marijuana as a crutch...

Discussion in 'General' started by MathKronz, Sep 11, 2010.

1. Hey, I'm new here. Long time reader, first time poster. I've found so much useful information here and am excited to contribute if I can.

I have a big problem though and I wondered if anyone could help me out. I smoke weed on a fairly regular basis, usually a couple of times a week, but I used to smoke much more often, almost every day. The thing is, I've come to a point where it feels like marijuana is my crutch. Nothing really seems all that exciting anymore without green. I feel out of place when I'm sober, like nothing is really exciting enough to warrant my time and energy. I've done enough reading to know that lethargy is a common and expected side effect with regular marijuana usage, but I miss the days when things were exciting the way they were, like biking or drawing or being out with friends. I feel like I don't have the energy for creativity or real social engagement. What would you guys suggest I do? Should I stop smoking for a while to get back to reality? Or are there other ways to live productively and mentally overcome the lethargy? Any tips, any advice, please! I know I can find some answers here :D

2. yes, I would suggest just a long break from miss mary jane, don't worry, it won't hurt her feelings, just let her know that you'll see her again some day :)

3. This type of thing can happen if you smoke every day for a long period of time. Take a break, remove MJ from your life for a while, get back to living sober, then see if you still want it. It's strange with mary jane, sometimes she'll come back to you when you least expect it.

4. You know the answer.

You just dont want to face it.

5. I sorta know what you mean, life is boring. It can make the simple things fantastic. Either take a break, leave it for weekends with a few friends around or really make an effort to enjoy things sober aswell. You can overcome lethargy, it doesnt have to rule your life.

6. just smoke when your with friends already..

7. I smoke a lot. If i have to do something and i don't feel like it cause i'm high, i do it anyways. Mind over matter. Or, i just smoke AFTER i do what i have to do during the day. Either way, both are equally satisfying. If you aren't productive and smoke a lot of weed, its going to fuck you over. Mentally, physically, emotionally, whatever. You will just get used to doing nothing, and will be more apprehensive to do anything. What is there to feel bad about or worry about if you are productive or just wait til after you do what u gotta do to smoke.

Also, weed does make everything better for the most part, but being sober is nice too sometimes.

8. It's what you make of it, if you make yourself believe you're using it as a crutch, then you will be using it as a crutch. It definitely boils down to mind over matter, you're just caught in the fog right now. Try being as enthusiastic as possible about every little thing, or you could just look at some people who have it way worse than you and be thankful of what you have. Like people with life-threatening diseases and shizz, you know. Vitamin D and endorphins can help pull you out of a lethargic state of mind as well. Eat lots of fruits & veggies, get your heart rate going, and get some sun. You should be feeling better in no time! :D

9. I share a similar problem. Whenever I listen to good tunes I just can't shake the fact how much better it would be with green.

10. Get to the point that: You life is "Crutch" free, You enjoy every aspect of your life and you promote a positive energy around you.

If you're using whatever as a "Crutch", Something is wrong and you must fix it.