Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Marijuana Anxiety

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by candiceolafson, Feb 21, 2016.

1. So I very recently started smoking again after a year. I used to smoke for 5 years but right before I stopped it started giving me anxiety but I've been taking 30mg CBD capsules, one in the morning and one in the evening for 3 days now and I'm aware that CBD counteracts with the psychoactive affects of THC. So I've been smoking 85% Indica lightly from a pipe. I know CBD relieves anxiety so I'll take a capsule 20 minutes before I smoke in hopes I don't get anxiety from my weed intolerance. So far it's been working good, does anybody have any tips on how to build my tolerance up again so I can move past the anxiety? Anybody know any strains that have CBD and THC? Would you recommend a Sativa or Indica strain to lesson physical symptoms of anxiety disorder? Also should I take caution when eating edibles? Anything helps, thanks!

2. Indica is definitely better for anxiety. I would be cautious of edibles unless they are mostly CBD. What I'd recommend to deal with anxiety is just to be focused and don't let your mind wander. I'd recommend if you start getting an anxiety attack is to go cook and make something to eat. Keep hydrated too. Beer or liquor may help but I wouldn't recommend it

3. Sounds liked you should avoid weed until you get your shit together.

4. There are strains known to be higher in CBD but what I have found from dispensaries is that they amount can vary quite a bit from grow to grow.
    Check Leafly for high cbd strains. I have tried ACDC, Harleguin, and Cannatonic as well as several local grow high cbd strains.

Building tolerance sounds counterproductive to me. Why not be happy using a smaller amount effectively? You'll save money and feel better possibly.

5. you just need to lay off of the ganja for a while and try again later or try and push through it. i think it has something to do with how potent ganja is now adays. it wasn't like this when i grew up lol!

6. Just ignore it. I do it usually goes away after 10 mins. Im a dude so its easy to stop thinking.