Marijuana and your Testicles

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by Pufface, Apr 5, 2009.

1. http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/7869709.stm

It's not harmful they said. Can't harm you because it's natural they said. I just want this as a told you so. Being a pothead gets to be a drag at times.

Peace, bro's. :smoke:

2. Dude... that's fucked up, chicks can smoke all they went then? =P

3. and since im 19 i have an elevated risk of getting it... great. ive already been worried that i have it. it hasent slowed me down a bit though since i heard this a while ago. hold on im going to do a self exam right now.... ok i feel no lumps

4. #4 Ipirical, Apr 5, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 5, 2009

Don't believe this bullshit for one second. Any one with any sense of logic can look at this study and see that it is completely faulty and incorrect for a number of reasons.

1. The sample size is small as shit! You can't prove anything with just a few hundred people

2. The study doesn't account for people who started to smoke weed AFTER they got cancer. This means the majority of these people probably didn't start smoking until they realized they had cancer!

All in all, a badly designed study, government bullshit. this came out right after the Phelps thing

EDIT: I do believe that part about puberty tho, its probably not good to put chemicals in your body when you are growing and changing so much.

5. 4 syllables: PRO-PA-GAN-DA

6. "So before we can reach any firm conclusions about whether this is a cause-and-effect relationship, rather than a statistical blip, the result needs to be replicated in a much larger study."

they even say their study doesn't say anything

7. It never said that there is a direct link between the two, it just said there MAY be a risk.

8. This research is laughable at best. They tested people who were already diagnosed and then questioned them if they had used marijuana. The way this study was conducted does not supply a valid link that smoking will give you testicular cancer, only that guys who developed testicular cancer lit up sometime in their life. There is no way of telling whether the marijuana caused the cancer or the millions of other things in the world that can cause the development of cancer did. As stated above the sample size for this study is so tiny that there is no way any valid statistical evidence can be proven. This is just another hastey study put out for the world goverements to parade around as evidence that marijuana is "bad" for the world and society, so they can justify their war on drugs. Really pathetic, though I appreciate the post in an informational sense.

9. Well honestly 100 people is enough to do a good study. The recent research done on marijuana and killing cancer brain cells only had 2 patients in it.

10. While 100 is sufficent to prove some vauge link, it is by no means good enough to prove anything near concise. The test results are only proven to a higher degree as the population size increases. No one would ever base the sole evidence of a study on a mere 100 or even 300 something test subject population. Studies linking cigs to cancer involed 1000 + subject groups and even more if you take the other studies they use to support their evidence. Though the article does state that the test didn't really prove anything and that it is only a maybe that it is link to testicular cancer. Plus the diversity of the test sample population is left to question though it is only a shabby out-line in a news article. All in all, I just find it silly that papers publish such a meager test results.

11. Dude this is Government propaganda at its best. Reefer madness all over again.

12. yes or no? which?

13. And when I get diagnosed I will smoke a fat blunt and come to terms with it

14. That study is absolutely pathetic, just throwing around vague numbers and using the words might and may. Pure propaganda. Also notice how no one has responded to this thread so far saying that they have ball cancer.

15. even if smoking did double your chances of getting testicular cancer, you'd still only have about a .8% chance of getting it. also, "Testicular cancer has one of the highest cure rates of all cancers: in excess of 90 percent; essentially 100 percent if it has not metastasized." could be a lot worse.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Testicular_cancer

16. how many stoners have testicular cancer now? i call bs

17. another cancer test not done correctly, meaning the information is false.

18. How was it not done correctly?

19. 0__0 ...is it normal for my balls to slowly move around in my sack in a kind of up and down manner? also the hairs on my sack are slightly, but noticible, lighter in color than my other pubes is this all normal?

20. I heard that people that drink water suffer a risk of cancer too.:eek: