Marijuana and weight lifting

Discussion in 'General' started by FarmerboyOH, Aug 6, 2013.

1. Hey guys. I'm big into weight lifting and love to toke up. Wish I would see more pot fdiendly people at the gyms.
    Anywho I notice if I smoke more than 2-3 x a week I get a soft almost bloated look.

All my muscles get very soft as well.

This morning was a squat day I woke up at 4am

Loaded up on some carbs and protein

Then had a 2nd meal at 6 am and a 3rd meal at 9 am

I was feeling like I had enouvh food. Bug I just felt soft and un cordinated.

Went into the gym and could hardly lift half of what I normally put up.

I actually fell to the ground on a warm up set of squats with 135.

So my question is

Does marijuana lower testerone levels significantly
    Does it lowe your human growth hormone
    Does it cause muscle weaknsss
    Does it cause your muscles to not fire properly..

My legs always turn to little chicken legs when I smoke weed but my top stays heavy
    I don't get it

2. itt: op skips (most) leg days

i lift too, but i dont see it affecting me. id smoke after a lifting session to get my appetite up. not before tho.

3. I've vaped before working out before and I don't like it much if I'm doing my normal powerlifting stuff, but the occasional times I do iso/bbing stuff then I like it.  I prefer smoking after though.

4. i am also into weight lifting, and i have a question, what is your normal squat, if it is very far away it may be something more serious.

5. That sounds odd to me, and you might not want to discount getting checked out by your physician. When I used to lift seriously and I'd smoke beforehand (which was rare), I became a little lazier in the weight room. As a result, I might have lifted a tad lighter. No difference that profund, though.

6. Smoke daily and lift daily, no problems. I don't know how you eat three meals before lifting.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

7. Hourly smoker
    Daily lifter

Lost 60lbs of fat

Then added 14lbs of muscle

Im doing MAX OT training, and never lift sober.

Its not the herb

8. I always toke up after my workouts cause it makes me tired as hell at the gym.

9. I have never had a problem with it. You weak! Jk OP, I don't what the deal is. Maybe you were just having a sgitty day, but if it's always like that, I'm clueless.

10. Op do you smoke before you work out or what's your schedule? Both smoking and lifting schedule

-billygone

11. It's all in your head man.  Like the others said if I am high when I work out I might get a little lazy.  Not weaker, just lazier.

Also 3 heavy meals a day makes me feel fat and bloated, maybe try lighter meals?  Not sure what your diet is like.

12. I'm never able to perform as well as normally on my 100 pushup workouts if I have had a smoke at all that day. I just don't feel like doing it and when I do, I can't perform as many. I get tired quicker when I'm high (or burned out), who know maybe it's just laziness.

Also, Feanor is right, heavy meals bloat me too. 5 - 6 small meals a day will boost your metabolism and you'll feel better.

13. dude smoking before just makes it easier for me cuz then i dont feel my limit i am now a pretty big guy but i will always smoke after as we to one get my appetite back and two just chill after 

14. #14 8ight, Aug 6, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 6, 2013
    Your diet will affect lifting FAR more than marijuana. For me, I can't smoke before lifting; just personal prefference. Otherwise, no negative effects (I use vapor because the smoke irritated my lungs). Actually, marijuana can help in the recovery process by helping you to relax.

15. this

16. Usually I'll have a j of my strongest sativa along with my pre workout drink. Helps focus and almost seems to give me a better pump!

Sent from my HTCONE using Grasscity Forum mobile app

17. I feel weaker if I smoke beforehand, although it isn't drastic.

18. I've never noticed pot affecting my strength at the gym or my growth.  I'd say it actually helps with the soreness and appetite to help you get bigger.  Just don't do tobacco and workout.  That'll really fuck up your progress.

19. lol smoking weed is not going to give u chicken legs. You've always had them

20. I rep 350lb squats. After a good week of smoking though my legs become like jello.