Marijuana and the Military

Discussion in 'General' started by WeedManJF, Jul 22, 2009.

1. ea thanks for the input

2. ^^ This. I was in the Army as well and i actually got busted on a battalion wide 100% accountability test. the only thing that saved me was that I was still relatively green and my NCOIC ironically got busted on the same test. (they thought that he had an influence in my decision, and hell, who am i to tell them otherwise:smoking::smoking:) and my GT score was a 120. I did 45/45 and got busted down from E-4 to E-1. not a fun way to spend the days in the mojave desert i can assure you. As far as when you are signing up. I didn't take a test at the MEPS station when i got shipped out, so im sure you could get away with smoking until you go to boot camp. However, once you are in, cut that shit down to a blunt every 3 months or not at all if you can manage. In most cases, it's not a matter of if, but when you'll get caught if you do more than 3 years. good luck in gannie land if you do go.....someone needs to replace people like me who got out.....

Oh and johnnyweedseed, like the quote. i love that movie......:D poor cat.....

3. I was a 13B (Howitzer crewman) from 1988-1991. I had the good fortune about 6 mos after I got to my first duty station to be moved OFF the gun line and into the Brigade personell office. I saw a lot of people's files...several that had pissed hot at enlistment (or even told their recruiter they smoked) had that noted in their official files. While the Army didn't really seem to care, I always thought to myself that the press would easily find this if you were to, for example, run for the Senate later in life.

As far as once I was in went, piss a hot test and best you'll hope for is an article 15 (reduction in rank back to E1, confinement to barracks for a few weeks where you'd scrub toilets, take out the trash or generally do any fucked up thing the first sargent came up with, and forfeiture of about 1/2 your pay), followed by a general discharge. That's why the most common drug on post was always acid.

I'd do everything I could not to hand anyone a test I didn't think was going to pass.

Granted things might be a bit different today: but it's still the military so I doubt it.

4. dude was in and smoked once but never pissed hot, was one of the lucky few that didnt that being said I have a lot of friends that did and they pretty much got screwed they wont give you a dishonorable but the will give you a general and you will lose your gi bill I know because I got a general under honorable conditions because I was an alcoholic and lost my gi bill its bull S*** but it will happen:smoking: oh and the army will chew you up and spit you out thats just how it is

5. #25 Yoda23467, Aug 29, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 29, 2017
    That's total Bullshit man. He was probably smoking tobacco. The U.S military has a zero tolerance drug policy, Including marijuana. They piss test once a month. I'm a total pothead but please take your little "They use cannabis In the military"fantasy somewhere else. Because they don't period. But 99% of soldiers only use Alcohol and tobacco.

6. I remember seeing this sign on a wall when I was in basic training:

IMG_4360.JPG

Makes the policy pretty clear. I would be surprised if today's legalization in the civilian world had an impact on those policies. The military doesn't like insobriety in general.

Most of the guys in my company in basic had smoked right up to when they got on the bus to go to the airport, but I was one of the ones who quit early. Kinda pissed me off that they didn't get in trouble; I could have been getting high for a whole month. <_<