Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Marijuana and sickle cell

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by hyffe_beats, Dec 30, 2011.

1. Would marijuana help with sickle cell pain crisis? I have done marijuana before while having a pulled muscle in my back and it slightly made the pain more intense but eventually made me fall asleep. And right now as I type this I'm having a pain crisis in my leg ,and I plan on getting my mmj card ,but I want to know will mm help with the pain or just make it more intense? Thanks

2. Obviously help, but you dont do weed, you smoke it

3. [quote name='"Magiggle"']Obviously help, but you dont do weed, you smoke it[/quote]

I know that you can smoke it bro...

4. [quote name='"hyffe_beats"']

I know that you can smoke it bro...[/quote]

Saying "do mj" sounds like youre doing a drug. We typically dont view it as "drug', it sounds dirty, not natural. I am guessing englsh is not your first language

5. [quote name='"DrSheldonCooper"']

Saying "do mj" sounds like youre doing a drug. We typically dont view it as "drug', it sounds dirty, not natural. I am guessing englsh is not your first language[/quote]

Lol don't take this the wrong way but is it that serious? Just because I said I have "done" it before instead of saying "smoked" you guys are gonna ignore the question and focus on my grammar? Smh

6. [quote name='"hyffe_beats"']

Lol don't take this the wrong way but is it that serious? Just because I said I have "done" it before instead of saying "smoked" you guys are gonna ignore the question and focus on my grammar? Smh[/quote]

Just explaining why you received a bit of flame. Trying to stick up for you also.

But to answer your question, strains with high cbd are known to be better for pain, while high thc is more for the high. You may have smoked high thc strains and were just paranoid about your pain and it felt amplified. My mom uses canna in edible form for chronic pain from neck injuries, but it provides her pain relief at 0.1g doses of mids.

So, yes it can help your pain if smoking the better strains. As for sicel cell anemia, googles grannys list on grasscity, her thread has,many studies for all these conditions, theres many many links, try searching there for more medically related questions, but you should find relief smoking.

7. Drink mad water all the time, that's good for sickle cell.

But for real weed a good help for it

8. Alright thanks guys. Also I have a vaporizer which temp is good to get the cbd's ?

And I was on a double dose of vicodin when I started this thread and was feeling woozy so excuse my "I have done".

9. Sure you could search that on google, im almost positive most people are vaping around 260-320 degrees

10. Cannabis use in sickle cell disease: a questionnaire study. (abst - 2005)
    Cannabis use in sickle cell disease: a questio... [Br J Haematol. 2005] - PubMed - NCBI

Medical use of cannabis in sickle cell disease (news - 2005)
    Medical use of cannabis in sickle cell disease

The prevalence of marijuana smoking in young adults with sickle cell disease: a longitudinal study (full - 2006)
    West Indian Medical Journal - The prevalence of marijuana smoking in young adults with sickle cell disease: a longitudinal study

Marijuana Use Prevalent Among Sickle Cell Patients news - 2007) Marijuana Use Prevalent Among Sickle Cell Patients

Marijuana Use and Sickle Cell Disease (abst - 2008)
    Marijuana Use and Sickle Cell Disease -- Gotlieb and Oo 112 (11): 4826 -- ASH Annual Meeting Abstracts

Cannabinoids as Analgesics for Pain in Sickle Cell Disease. (abst - 2009)
    Cannabinoids as Analgesics for Pain in Sickle Cell Disease. -- Kohli et al. 114 (22): 822 -- ASH Annual Meeting Abstracts

New Era Dawns on Sickle Cell Pain (full - 2010) New era dawns on sickle cell pain

Pain related behaviors and neurochemical alterations in mice expressing sickle hemoglobin: modulation by cannabinoids. (abst - 2010) Pain-related behaviors and neurochemical alterations i... [Blood. 2010] - PubMed - NCBI

Cannibinoids Offer Novel Treatment for Pain in Sickle Cell Disease, Study Suggests (news - 2010) Cannibinoids offer novel treatment for pain in sickle cell disease, study suggests

11. you shouldnt smoke it but vape will help

12. Thankyou stormcrow gonna look through the links tonight.

And kush what exactly is wrong with smoking it?

13. [quote name='"hyffe_beats"']Thankyou stormcrow gonna look through the links tonight.

And kush what exactly is wrong with smoking it?[/quote]

Smoking can aggravate the sickle cell crisis I'm not sure exactly why but I'm speaking from experience, vape is better overall especially when trying to use weed for medical reasons. Google smoking+ sickle cell for exactly why it's bad

14. [quote name='"kushalldaykush"']

Smoking can aggravate the sickle cell crisis I'm not sure exactly why but I'm speaking from experience, vape is better overall especially when trying to use weed for medical reasons. Google smoking+ sickle cell for exactly why it's bad[/quote]

Alright. You vape when you have pain crisis right? What temp seems to work for you?

15. [quote name='"hyffe_beats"']

Alright. You vape when you have pain crisis right? What temp seems to work for you?[/quote]

As low as your cape can go while still vaping your weed, for new that's around 290F

16. I dont know if it's safe or not to smoke weed with sickle cells since I've never done the research but if you want pain relief u should be getting indica strains. It helps with pain relief and inflammation as well as sleep and is known to carry more medicinal benefits than sativas

17. ^^appreciate your input. Anybody else with sickle cell have some input on using cannabis to treat the pain ,or knows somebody who uses it to treat sickle cell pains ?