Marijuana And Schizophrenia

Discussion in 'General' started by zrallen, Nov 2, 2013.

1. So I'm relatively new to smoking. But I've educated myself pretty well, and a lot of studies say they can associate smoking pot to schizophrenia. While no! I do not believe pot will cause you to develop schizophrenia, I do believe that it may 'bring it out' if your family has a history of the illness. This concerns me because my grandpa has paranoid schizophrenia. What are your thoughts? I don't want my life to change over something as silly as weed.

2. First of all don't act like you understand the correlation perfectly because nobody completely does. But the main school of thought is that it doesent give you schizophrenia but if you are already going to start showing symptom (usually around the late teenage ages) than it can onset it early.

3. I think you misunderstood me, obviously it hasn't been studies enough, that's why I said I believe, not that I Know.

4. #5 mr man fan, Nov 3, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 3, 2013
    You should be fine. Just don't over do it and burn potent ganja all day every day. Regardless of what some people say it is, in my opinion, not entirely healthy from a psychological point of view to do so. 

Moderation is key. Also being in tune with how a substance makes you feel. If it starts making you feel weird rather than elated/creative whatever then cut back. Smoking a lot of herb on top of not feeling great (for other reasons or whatever) can do that. 

Most people can smoke without ever running in to anything negative but those that say nobody ever suffered any adverse effects are either naive or just want to avoid reality. 

5. How old are you OP?

I heard if it didn't hit you by 23-24 there's a very low risk of it happening after that.

Though yes you are right. Weed can bring it out early but not cause it.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

6. If you have it you're gonna have it if you don't you're not going to spontaneously develop it unless you're taking some unmentionables.