Marijuana and schizophrenia

Discussion in 'General' started by CRF250F, Dec 15, 2012.

1. #1 CRF250F, Dec 15, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2012
    So, don't get me wrong. I love MJ, and and just about everything to do with her. The high, smoking, growing, the smell & taste, the people, the entire community that comes along with her, and so much more. But lately I have been hearing a quite a bit about marijuana and schizophrenia, Especially teenage girls, which I am one of. I also asked my parent's about it, and they confirmed it, saying I could smoke as much weed as I wanted after high school( am in senior years), but not before. Really hope the stuff I've been hearing is total BS, because that would me the end of our friendship, as I don't think getting some life changing disease is worth it. So was wondering if anyone could shed some light on this issue to me? thankyou

2. Since when has marijuana caused a disease like schizophrenia?

3. I'm pretty sure marijuana helps with schizophrenics and their delusions.

4. if i remember right, marijuana can accelerate the onset of schizophrenia in individuals already predisposed to having it, but doesnt affect those who wouldnt get it otherwise

like marijuana appears to make you develop schizophrenia, you would have probably developed it anyway

correct me if im wrong anybody

5. Your "parents" are WRONG...there is no scientific evidence indicating that pot causes any mental illness, PERIOD.

BTW...Your post is reeking of propaganda.:wave:

6. you have it right...

no evidence, no proof, no repeatable 'studies' (results are not able to be reproduced in a controlled double blind study):smoking:

selected people all had mental illness to start with, were being treated for them...

7. Marijuana (and other drugs) definitely brought out some of the symptoms of schizophrenia in me but I already was in the early stages of schizophrenia when I started smoking. It also helped as self-medication for other symptoms. Psychadelic drugs brought me out of my fantasy world and into reality but it also brought on the voices and other stuff.

Overall I'm better off after smoking for a while then I was before I started smoking/using drugs and have no regrets.

If you aren't pre-disposed to schizophrenia you have nothing to worry about.

8. Your life is your own affair.

9. no doubt about it. Check out my plan in legalisation and activism. I formulated that plan around this idea and the idea that hemp crops need to open again.

10. #10 SkunkWoodz, Dec 16, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 16, 2012
  11. I started smoking weed before I went through the prodromal phase of paranoid schizophrenia.

Therefore, weed causes schizophrenia.

I'm joking, of course, but that's the similar type of thinking that started this whole "weed causes schizophrenia" bullshit.

I'd be just as crazy as I am now if I hadn't ever smoked pot. Weed can't cause psychosis, but it sure as hell can exacerbate it. I know that first hand.

12. read what I said...
    :wave:

13. well look on the bright side: if you have no friends, you don't have to be lonely with schizophrenia

14. thats because mental health is a more allusive to diagnos.

just wait. Watch the mental health records in colorado. I guarentee a rise in Schizophrenia.

THC levels need to be regulated for this reason.

I for one would like to see more strains with higher CBD percentages. A very powerful anti-psycotic medicine.. However growers nowadays dont give a fuck about mental health. Their entire focus is breeding high3r thc %. This is totally wrong in my opinion, and needs to be fixed.